Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
14 Posts
Wish Nissan would put out some Intel on when to expect the king cab XD so I can make a decision on if to wait for it.

·
51 Posts
Wonder what the specs are for size and weight. Is it a little smaller in the front end? Still has a badge.

·
772 Posts
Wonder what the specs are for size and weight. Is it a little smaller in the front end? Still has a badge.
looks like the xd is gonna be the same regardless of the motor.

the normal titan will have a smaller clip and a smaller frame because its a traditional half ton. the new 5.6 will be snazzy in the standard titan.

·
570 Posts
Looks like a win. The new 5.6 has a bit more grunt than the 5.0 Ford, though much heavier. The 7 speed might compensate some. The diesel is 7500 lbs for a PRO4X, this might be closer to 7000 lbs with the lighter tranny and engine. Payload should be very nice. Hope they keep the AAM in the rear.

·
608 Posts
There have been other vehicles that have had longer delays. For me, the delay is not optimal, but that just means that the vehicle better not have any issues at launch. I'd rather have a delay and a great product, than them sticking to a deadline and making some type of oversight.

Wonder how the take rate of the diesel will compare to the gas-powered model.

·
857 Posts
I completely agree with that, it's too bad that we won't know about that second part till the vehicle is on the market and in the hands of consumers.

·
15 Posts
I wonder if the torque curve in the NEW 5.6 Endurance V8 will be similar to the OLD 5.6 which I believe delivered 80+% torque at a low RPM of 1,750. I know that my 2004 Titan had better low-end pulling power than my current 2012 Sierra with the 5.3 V8

·
570 Posts
As a point of reference the qx80 gets 14/20/16 mpg. It has the 7 speed and tall 2.93 gears. This truck will be heavier and probably shorter gears. MPG won't be anything to brag about.

The qx80 was rated to tow around 8500 lbs. This will probably be closer to 10k with the taller gears.

The qx80 ran the IKE in 8:11 with 7700 lbs which is about 30 seconds slower than the 8 speed yukon. However, transmission mapping in the QX80 was terrible. It was often holding around 3600 Rpm which is well below the power band of the 5.6L. The Yukon was at 4000 rpm and beyond which is where the 6.2 GM makes its power. Check it out on TFLtruck.com

1 - 20 of 30 Posts