Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Those exhaust are a waste of money, they don't do a single thing as its DPF Back so your not going to gain a single thing, no noise, power or anything. So keep your money and just buy a tip or wait for a delete kit and do a turbo back.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear you but it has to do something. It gets rid of the huge muffler behind the DEF. so it will be straight pipe from the DEF.

·
772 Posts
but the filter is where the chokepoint is so it won't matter.

you might get a sound change...gassers the type of tip you put on can change the sound all on their own.

·
1,979 Posts
Messing with anything on that truck is playing with fire, especially for the 1st couple of years. Nissan isn't going to tolerate mods.

·
857 Posts
Messing with anything on that truck is playing with fire, especially for the 1st couple of years. Nissan isn't going to tolerate mods.
Exactly what I thought, wouldn't want to mess with anything like that. However I would get an ECU tune if one happens to come to market.

·
169 Posts
I hear you but it has to do something. It gets rid of the huge muffler behind the DEF. so it will be straight pipe from the DEF.
No, it doesn't HAVE to do anything.

They are and will always be a waste of money. They don't increase power, mileage, or decrease EGT's, or change the sound.

They are a waste of money. This has been proven time and again with Dodge, GM, and Ford diesel trucks, it's not going to be any different on this one.

Guaranteed.

·
124 Posts
I wouldnt be so quick to call this fake. The Cummins absolutely sounds like a gas V8 when humming up the highway so this may actually be its sound.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, that exhaust is $400 for just a different endpipe? It doesn't even replace the muffler or get rid of it? I thought it was a DPF back.

·
413 Posts
Definitely seems like a waste. I don't see how this could increase power whatsoever.

·
99 Posts
I'm looking forward to a delete kit myself. Get rid of that **** stock exhaust thats stinking up my cab, blow smoke out the rear. What else could a Cummins fan ask for.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, delete kits are illegal in most states. A guy at my work got a $2500 fine for his Ford with a delete kit on it. Police are starting to crack down in some areas.

·
62 Posts
Yeah, I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for a delete. Get busted without the emissions equipment and pay those big fines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts