Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. To all the regular's on there, thanks a ton for all the info, commentary, etc. I've been lurking here for awhile as I waited to pull the trigger. After much debate, I've finally decided on a Gas XD. Now the hard part...which Silver 4WD trim? SV or Pro4X?

The SV has everything I want, except it also has the painted rear bumper and no dealer around can tell me how to have the Convenience & Utility Package and keep the chrome rear bumper. Apparently, once you add Convenience, it adds the painted rear.

The Pro4X would have leather once I added convenience, and I'm not a fan of it personally and neither is the family. But, it does have the 18's w/ stock AT tires, locking rear...you all know :)

So...what are your thoughts? I can get both well below MSRP and Invoice w/ my trade and VPP discount...about a 3-4k difference between them.

·
1,979 Posts
If you like the SV you can alway get a rear bumper, plus the SV is cheaper. The Locker in the Pro4x is nice but since it can only be used in 4L (factory programing ) it's pretty much useless. Is the Pro4x worth 3-4k to you, that's the question?
It interesting that you are the 2ND person that doesn't like the painted bumpers, since chrome is taboo right now & it's dieing kinda like a 70's bush. ( A good thing )

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you like the SV you can alway get a rear bumper, plus the SV is cheaper. The Locker in the Pro4x is nice but since it can only be used in 4L (factory programing ) it's pretty much useless. Is the Pro4x worth 3-4k to you, that's the question?
It interesting that you are the 2ND person that doesn't like the painted bumpers, since chrome is taboo right now & it's dieing kinda like a 70's bush. ( A good thing )
Ha! See, fine example of the commentary I've appreciated. There's much more to the Pro4X that I appreciate over the SV. Yes, I'll agree with the bush comment, but did always like chrome (HD blood in me I suppose).

Ironically enough, dealer just called me back and is shaving another $1k off the Pro4X, so think I'm going that direction. Won't have to change wheels too soon, or have to add remote start and skid plates.

·
1,979 Posts
Ha! See, fine example of the commentary I've appreciated. There's much more to the Pro4X that I appreciate over the SV. Yes, I'll agree with the bush comment, but did always like chrome (HD blood in me I suppose).

Ironically enough, dealer just called me back and is shaving another $1k off the Pro4X, so think I'm going that direction. Won't have to change wheels too soon, or have to add remote start and skid plates.
Congrats!

·
1 Posts
I just picked up the 2016 Titan XD (Gas) SV with Comfort + Utility packages for $36k, no joke. My rear bumper is chrome....

The deal was a from a culmination of the current $4500 savings incentive offered by Nissan on Titan XDs + TrueCar report.... Walked out the dealer with $8,500 equity on truck

·
570 Posts
.... Yes, I'll agree with the **BUSH** comment, but did always like chrome (HD blood in me I suppose).

Ironically enough, dealer just called me back and is **SHAVING** another $1k off the Pro4X, so think I'm going that direction.

Ahh I see what you did there.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I can't wait to pick it up Monday. First thing will be some floor liners, then start figuring out which leveling kit/lift setup to add, followed by slightly larger tires.

Will end up paying right about 36k for the Pro4X w/ Convenience Pkg and Utility and Audio Package + the 100k Warranty after my trade (06 Titan SE CC). Will post pics once delivered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts