Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..that you can't have a console mounted gated shifter because...

According to Nissan, the average American truck buyer needs cubby space for three different cups: Water, flavored sports drink, and a repository for chewing tobacco spittle. (No, we're not making that up).

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I personally hate console mounted, gated shifters in trucks. They waste space, they get in the way and they're a trap for dust and debris.

Ideally it should be a column mounted shift selector and paddles for manual gear selection.

·
608 Posts
I didn't think that chewing tobacco was popular enough to have any vehicle make design decisions to accommodate it. Three different cups at the same time? Talk about high maintenance.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Cup holders end up being used for a number of different things. I use on cup holder to prop up my iPhone so I can see what notification comes up when it dings at me.

Another has a beverage in it, pens, box cutter, few other odds and ends that a person ends up collecting and needing in a working vehicle. I hope it has removable inserts though, which really simplifies cleaning.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cup holders end up being used for a number of different things. I use on cup holder to prop up my iPhone so I can see what notification comes up when it dings at me.

Another has a beverage in it, pens, box cutter, few other odds and ends that a person ends up collecting and needing in a working vehicle. I hope it has removable inserts though, which really simplifies cleaning.
+1 for removable inserts! I like the way Ford does it, the inserts shrink the diameter of the cup holder, so you have a degree of beverage flexibility ;) (although I don't think that's exclusive to ford in any way...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts