Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my XD and I were the victims of arson 2 weeks ago on 10/24 early morning at 02:47 hours.

The big kick in the dick was that I had JUST installed my RC bumpers, changed my oil, fuel filters, CAI filter and installed Bilstein 5100s in the front and Bilstein 5160s in the rear and my grill marker lights.

Today I removed the following parts:

entire Alpine-R component set
Amps (thank God I installed them behind the rear seats)
Mishimoto intercooler, catch can and coolant filter
AFE CAI
RC bumpers - front and rear
Bilstein 5100 front shocks
Westin Thrashers
EZ Lynk tuner and cables
Wolo airhorn valve, 2.5 gal tank and Viair compressor.
Tonneau Bakflip G2
Weather Techs

Unfortunately my Phoenix radio, Sirius XM touch commander were destroyed by water damage and FDNY destroyed my air horn trumpet when they smashed my grill to gain access to open the hood.

Geico has been playing games and wouldn't cover my aftermarket parts. I endorsed all the upgrades on my policy but they are denying it was added even though my premiums went up about $60 per month. Nothing was ever documented and I asked them to pull the recorded audio but they never got back to me so they had no problem with me removing all my stuff along as I returned it back to factory.

The week after I found a 2019 Pro-4X with 15955 miles in Ada, Oklahoma so I flew there and drove back my new ride - 1600 miles, it took me 30 hours of straight driving with bathroom, gas and fast food stops.

It was already loaded with full tints, full LED bulbs interior and exterior, 6" RC lift with Fuel XD Heist wheels wrapped in Toyo Open Country mudd tires and Fabtech nerf bars.

Now I'm waiting for new dash cam wires, mounting bracket, rear cam, Compustar alarm system with proximity sensors and MobileDrone to arrive so I can install it and rest easy.

I attached pictures of the damage, dash cam footage, picture of the asshole arsonist and my new ride.

Here's the asshat who did it

Here's the footage from my dash cam

And here's the new ride

·
2016 Titan XD SL 5.0 4x4
12 Posts
That’s just stupid!! Someone does that here in Kansas and we hunt them down lol but I hope all works out for you! Your new one is a beauty though just hope you can swap your parts and make the new one your own again!! I flew to Texas to buy mine and drove it back also not nearly the distance but it was fun haha take care!! Titan on!!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Any ideas why you were targeted? Any other vehicles get hit?

·
25 Posts
Unfortunately my XD and I were the victims of arson 2 weeks ago on 10/24 early morning at 02:47 hours.

The big kick in the dick was that I had JUST installed my RC bumpers, changed my oil, fuel filters, CAI filter and installed Bilstein 5100s in the front and Bilstein 5160s in the rear and my grill marker lights.

Today I removed the following parts:

entire Alpine-R component set
Amps (thank God I installed them behind the rear seats)
Mishimoto intercooler, catch can and coolant filter
AFE CAI
RC bumpers - front and rear
Bilstein 5100 front shocks
Westin Thrashers
EZ Lynk tuner and cables
Wolo airhorn valve, 2.5 gal tank and Viair compressor.
Tonneau Bakflip G2
Weather Techs

Unfortunately my Phoenix radio, Sirius XM touch commander were destroyed by water damage and FDNY destroyed my air horn trumpet when they smashed my grill to gain access to open the hood.

Geico has been playing games and wouldn't cover my aftermarket parts. I endorsed all the upgrades on my policy but they are denying it was added even though my premiums went up about $60 per month. Nothing was ever documented and I asked them to pull the recorded audio but they never got back to me so they had no problem with me removing all my stuff along as I returned it back to factory.

The week after I found a 2019 Pro-4X with 15955 miles in Ada, Oklahoma so I flew there and drove back my new ride - 1600 miles, it took me 30 hours of straight driving with bathroom, gas and fast food stops.

It was already loaded with full tints, full LED bulbs interior and exterior, 6" RC lift with Fuel XD Heist wheels wrapped in Toyo Open Country mudd tires and Fabtech nerf bars.

Now I'm waiting for new dash cam wires, mounting bracket, rear cam, Compustar alarm system with proximity sensors and MobileDrone to arrive so I can install it and rest easy.

I attached pictures of the damage, dash cam footage, picture of the asshole arsonist and my new ride.

View attachment 45691
View attachment 45692
View attachment 45693

Here's the asshat who did it
View attachment 45694

Here's the footage from my dash cam

And here's the new ride
View attachment 45695
View attachment 45696
View attachment 45697
View attachment 45698
What a shame! Sorry to hear about the loss. Your new truck is pretty nice sure you will enjoy it.

Hope they catch and prosecute that JACKASS!

·
171 Posts
Geez man that sucks. Sorry to hear. It’s a shame people are assholes. Good luck on the new ride.

·
413 Posts
Judging by your avatar I’m guessing maybe you had a certain political flag flying on the truck along with the USA flag. I’m not trying to bring politics into this but it’s the exact reason why I keep my home and vehicles free of any advertising of any kind.

I once had a super nice sound system, Competition oriented, and I proudly displayed brand name stickers on my windows for a couple years. Then one day my door was peeled open like a beer can and thousands of dollars of stereo equipment gone in broad daylight because they knew what was inside. Lesson learned. Can’t trust people.

·
171 Posts
Judging by your avatar I’m guessing maybe you had a certain political flag flying on the truck along with the USA flag. I’m not trying to bring politics into this but it’s the exact reason why I keep my home and vehicles free of any advertising of any kind.

I once had a super nice sound system, Competition oriented, and I proudly displayed brand name stickers on my windows for a couple years. Then one day my door was peeled open like a beer can and thousands of dollars of stereo equipment gone in broad daylight because they knew what was inside. Lesson learned. Can’t trust people.
You've just had your truck (which you’ve invested countless hours and dollars in) burnt like a marshmallow by a dipshit, dealt with police and insurance, had to search the US for a new one, drive across the country to get it, post your sorrows on a forum, and what do you get? Blamed for the crime. Beautiful.

·
90 Posts
I shoot thieves. 2 so far. Word has gotten out long ago they touch my stuff they die. So far it's been quiet...13 years and counting but it takes a dead thief to pay for a decade of peace out here it appears. LoL. Kill em all, let God sort them out. God Bless Texas!

·
413 Posts
You've just had your truck (which you’ve invested countless hours and dollars in) burnt like a marshmallow by a dipshit, dealt with police and insurance, had to search the US for a new one, drive across the country to get it, post your sorrows on a forum, and what do you get? Blamed for the crime. Beautiful.
Its called speculation, based on my own past experiences and the world we live in today that is shown on the tv...

I never casted blame. In fact, it’s not even close to being his fault that people in the world can’t be trusted. People get vehicles vandalized for displaying a football team....

·
354 Posts
I shoot thieves. 2 so far. Word has gotten out long ago they touch my stuff they die. So far it's been quiet...13 years and counting but it takes a dead thief to pay for a decade of peace out here it appears. LoL. Kill em all, let God sort them out. God Bless Texas!

You remind me of Francis from Stripes.

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

To answer the question for about the 100th time, no. I only fly Old Glory when I feel like it and I make it a point to fly her on days like the anniversary of D-Day, 4th, Memorial, 9/11 and Veterans days.

No I didn't have any MAGA stickers on my truck even though I support Trump.

Should it matter? No. Clearly the person was a piece of shit. Your political leanings shouldn't make you a target.

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If only.

Unfortunately living in this fucking liberal shit hole that is NYC I would most likely get locked up for shooting/beating down the asshat who torched my truck. Between Fuhrer Cuomo and useless Diblasio the criminals get more protection than the law abiding citizens.

·
127 Posts
Just one of them "peaceful protestors" no doubt. Sorry about your ride, man. And I hope Geico gets their crap together and takes care of you. Isn't it always just so nice that insurance companies have NO problems taking your monthly premiums, but can sometimes be stubborn assholes when it's time for them to pay out? At least your new ride is a nice one too! Good find! I hope it treats you well. And not trying to be political either, but you are absolutely right that it seems as if criminals have more rights in NYC than innocent, law-abiding citizens. NYC used to be a nice place to visit. So did DC, for that matter.

·
354 Posts
Since we're just making up things... Just one of them "right wing nutjobs who hate foreign vehicles" no doubt. See how stupid it sounds when you just make things up and stereotype people? For all we know it could have been as simple as a short in the electrical system. Perhaps even user error due to mods. We can spend all day making things up.

As far as Geico, I'd be surprised if they didn't take care of you. In 20 years of driving back home I didn't have a single incident. In 20 years of driving up here in AK I've been hit 7 times (stupid runs strong up here). Geico has gone above and beyond every single time, even supplying me with rentals while the other ins company balked at covering the ramifications of their driver. I suppose I should "knock on wood" because it's a matter of when, not if, another idiot crashes into me.

·
127 Posts
Whoa! Take it down a notch, killer! Did you miss the part in the OP where he posted a picture of the guy who set his truck on fire? Maybe missed the part where it happened in NYC, where there have been LOTS of protests which have included LOTS of vehicles and businesses being burned?

·
354 Posts
Whoa! Take it down a notch, killer! Did you miss the part in the OP where he posted a picture of the guy who set his truck on fire? Maybe missed the part where it happened in NYC, where there have been LOTS of protests which have included LOTS of vehicles and businesses being burned?
I saw a pic of someone standing around. We don't even know if that was the person who actually did it. For all we know they were waiting for a taxi. We also don't know if it was an intentional act or something like an electrical short from user error when mod'ing something. And there are plenty of right-wing protests/marches/etc in NYC.

All we know for sure is someone lost a really nice truck due to a fire.

·
127 Posts
Bro, I can respect your stance on this. And trust me, I wasn't trying to stereotype any one group of people. That was a play on "news" organizations like CNN calling the protests "mostly peaceful" while reporting in front of burning buildings and vehicles. And yes, there have been right-wing protests and marches as well. But there have been no recorded or reported instances of any of those turning into riots, looting, and arson.
But again, if you look at his original post, right below the picture of the guy who set his truck on fire there is a link to the dashcam footage captured showing the same guy standing on the sidewalk at the front passenger side of his truck. The guy lights something on fire, throws it on the truck, and then quickly walks away. He wasn't waiting on a taxi. The truck didn't suffer from an electrical short. It was arson, just like OP stated.

·
354 Posts
Ah, I missed the dash video. Yeah, looks like he tosses garbage on the wiper section and lights it. He looks like a right-wing nutjob to me who doesn't like foreign vehicles.
:)

I had to add cams to my house because up here in (massively right-wing) AK there's a crazy amount of crime, murder, rape, etc. and this definitely adds another notch to plans on adding cams to my truck. It's common for me to leave the truck parked off the side of the road while I spend a week+ out in the bush prospecting/hunting/etc and I'm always concerned I'll return to the roads and find a charred shell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts