Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
35 Posts
Honestly wouldn't surprise me, but I gotta say, the noise is back in full force. Can honestly say its mind blowing that a trucks pulleys could be louder than it's DIESEL ENGINE. I just don't get it Lol
That sucks!

I was hoping to delete to kill the noise from the pulleys :) Now I see Open Wide Performance is under investigation, so it seems to be about impossible to delete anymore. There has to be some kind of fix for this noise.

·
35 Posts
That sucks!

I was hoping to delete to kill the noise from the pulleys :) Now I see Open Wide Performance is under investigation, so it seems to be about impossible to delete anymore. There has to be some kind of fix for this noise. I will let you know what my dealer says next Thursday.

·
12 Posts
That sucks!

I was hoping to delete to kill the noise from the pulleys :) Now I see Open Wide Performance is under investigation, so it seems to be about impossible to delete anymore. There has to be some kind of fix for this noise.
Do you have a Facebook account? I know an Amsoil rep with a great exhaust system cleaning kit.... :sneaky:;)

·
12 Posts
I really do wish I could find something to make the noise go away. I don't wanna say it's taken the fun out of driving it because I just bought the darn thing 2 weeks ago, but you know how when a car drives by making a noise you can go aw man that dude needs a new exhaust, or he's got a bad belt, or that's a bad pulley. Well I've always hated to be that guy. Is what it is but man...

·
285 Posts
Honestly wouldn't surprise me, but I gotta say, the noise is back in full force. Can honestly say its mind blowing that a trucks pulleys could be louder than it's DIESEL ENGINE. I just don't get it Lol
Yes, they replaced the crank balance/pulley on mine too. Didn't change a thing, but since there was a TSB, they were happy to do the part replacement. Noise was obviously not from there, but what are you gonna do. I figure if it is a noisy pulley or tensioner bearing, if it does croak, that is an easy and fairly cheap replacement replacement. The tensioner and idler pulley are available aftermarket and their is a part number on those in the big auto part stores. So, we'll see....

·
12 Posts
Yes, they replaced the crank balance/pulley on mine too. Didn't change a thing, but since there was a TSB, they were happy to do the part replacement. Noise was obviously not from there, but what are you gonna do. I figure if it is a noisy pulley or tensioner bearing, if it does croak, that is an easy and fairly cheap replacement replacement. The tensioner and idler pulley are available aftermarket and their is a part number on those in the big auto part stores. So, we'll see....
i will say the one positive is that the wobble is gone that i saw with the old one. so thats gotta count for something.

·
1,475 Posts
Y’all are making this something it doesn’t have to be. It’s not a freaking pulley, it’s the sound of the motor. It sounds just like every other diesel except the Cummins i6. As for y’alls tuning issue, look up companies in Canada, they can still sell and ship

·
12 Posts
Y’all are making this something it doesn’t have to be. It’s not a freaking pulley, it’s the sound of the motor. It sounds just like every other diesel except the Cummins i6. As for y’alls tuning issue, look up companies in Canada, they can still sell and ship
In fairness, neither my lb7 or my buddies 7.3 ever sounded like anything other than a diesel, and the sound is identical to a bad pulley. If that is in fact the normal sound of this engine, so be it. I'll I've on and live with it. Besides, as coastie said, once that straight pipe and intake are on I'll be even happier ;) lol

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I have almost 80 000 kms on mine now. I was one of the quoted posts at the beginning of this thread and can say whatever the source of the noise, it does not affect performance far as I can tell. I did have the TSB done and I thought it sounded quieter but it was either my mind playing tricks on me or it came back after the part was worn in lol. Either way, so far for me with a 2016, I would say it isn't anything to worry about.
Good luck!!

·
35 Posts
Dealer looked at truck, and could not find noise. They just said if it get worse let us know you have plenty of warranty. It does sound like crap, like an old car with a pulley going out. I guess if this is how they sound it is what it is.

·
285 Posts
Dealer looked at truck, and could not find noise. They just said if it get worse let us know you have plenty of warranty. It does sound like crap, like an old car with a pulley going out. I guess if this is how they sound it is what it is.
I feel your pain...it is definitely not a normal sound of any V-8 diesel (or any other I-6 for that matter) that I've ever owned or ridden in. Love the sentence "It does sound like crap, like an old car with a pulley going out" Couldn't agree more....thanks for the update.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts