Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we are in the market for a pickup truck. were looking at the 2500 Denali HD or a 1500 Denali. The 1500 seemed to small for me small as in looks small nothing else. and i don't really have any need to go and get a $64k 2500 denali HD i drove the 3/4 ton denali on friday not gonna lie it drove very nice. but like i said its more truck then i need. we've alway been a toyota/nissan pickup family 3-4 toyota pickups currently have an 2003 and 2006 Tundra access and double cab. and have had 6 nissan pickups from frontiers to hardbody nissan pickups some with over 300k miles. well we went down to drive a nissan with no intention of buying one and now after driving it thats our #1 choice with the tundra bed being small thats out of the question. the titan platinum reserve in black is straight up a badass looking truck and now we on the hunt for a good deal. we getting some prices around invoice and the best one i got is 56,993 again this is for a 4x4 platinum reserve is that a good price?

second question is there anything as in services or something i should Ask for?

also what comes with in terms of additional accessories like tie down cleats or gooseneck ball??

any advice at all is appreciated hoping to pick one up this week.

also one last question don't make fun of me but what is this regen thing everyone is talking about as you can probably tell never owned a diesel b4

·
27 Posts
Traded a chevy 1500 for my PR. I have never looked back. The region is when the truck burns the soot in the particulate filter. When it does this it idles at a higher rpm and burns more diesel to accomplish this. I drive a lot of hwy. It is reported to happen more with extended idling.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The Platinum Reserve comes with goose neck ball.

Yes you can read on here about the regen process.
I would question how much your dealer is charging for different services like oil change and filters etc.... the 5L cummins doesn't require special oil but a diesel specific.
I would also ask if they are going to hold you to required tranny service. As Nissan is out to lunch on that with the aisin tranny. In the ram it's pretty much triple to what nissan recommends.
Make sure your dealer is well versed in diesels.
If you are set on a platinum reserve and dealer has a few try them all. No two trucks are the same.

·
25 Posts
No regrets so far on purchase of SL 4x4. Have driven approximately 1000 miles. Towed 9000 lb travel trailer up a very steep mountain on 60 mile camping trip, Cummins pretty much idled up the steep terrain with little effort. But I have most impressed with the Titans quietness and comfort at highway speeds, like a Greyhound bus. So much so that I have looked down at the speedometer and discovered I was speeding along comfortably at 100 miles per hr. Awesome truck!
Only noticed one regen so far.

·
1,979 Posts
The better question to ask yourself would be why do you think you need a Diesel?
If it's just to say 'hey I have a diesel' don't get one & save money and a lot of headaches.
You'd be better off waiting for a few months until the Gasser Titan is out then make your decision.

·
857 Posts
One of my main reasons before for considering diesel was the cost of gasoline but that went down to a level that's easy to absorb so it's really easy to accept the idea of owning an gasoline vehicle over a diesel, even more for the long haul.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to try out a diesel never had one before so i want to see what happens. i really do hope i like it as I'm going to pick it up tonight.
monotone metallic black 4x4 platinum 56k b
60.5k otd

i will need all u guys help hopefully y'all don't get annoyed

·
210 Posts
Goodluck! Your going to love this truck. I'm going on 2 weeks with my pro-4x and have put 1400 miles on it so far and love it. I took it on a 6hr trip this past weekend and never once was uncomfortable. Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned and a blast to drive

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got IT!!

Goodluck! Your going to love this truck. I'm going on 2 weeks with my pro-4x and have put 1400 miles on it so far and love it. I took it on a 6hr trip this past weekend and never once was uncomfortable. Most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned and a blast to drive

This thing is awesome my whole family loves it

only pic thats next to our 06 tundra

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts