Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We went from Madison, WI to Elizabeth City, NC and we drove it in our 2016 Titian XD truck with the Cummings Diesel engine. Titian is totally stock, as delivered off the dealer's floor. We were moving and the rear of the truck was full to the tops of the side panels with “stuff.” Also the rear seats were full and there were two adult in the truck. Turnpikes were used for travel most of the way and the speeds we traveled were usually in the 70-75 mph range all of the time. We left Madison and filled the fuel tank at Edgerton, WI. Below is a summary of the fuel/distance used on the trip.

From ...................To....................Fuel Purchased.......Miles Traveled....MPG....... Remarks
Edgerton, WI.....Fairborn, OH.............22.1 gals...............431..............19.5.......... (1)
Fairborn, OH......Covington, VA...........18.2 gals...............335..............18.4.......... (2)
Covington, VA....Elizabeth City, NC......18.3 gals...............349..............19.1.......... (3)

For the entire trip, 58.6 gals of fuel was used and 1115 miles were traveled for an overall mpg of 19.1 mpg.

Remarks:

(1) Drove through down town Chicago
(2) Drove through the mountains in WV.
(3) Accident on the Interstate slowed traffic to a crawl for an hour.

·
1 Posts
Well I don't get but 18.4 MPG empty bed. I m kinda upset don't know what the heck is driving 70 mph on cruise control.

·
204 Posts
I got the best ever this last week going to Dallas, 19.8, but I had a tail wind. Coming home I got 16.4 with a slight head wind. I average 16-17 90% time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts