Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve had a lot of small things that worry me, but I’ve been towing my boat and camper (5k and 10k respectively)... ended up with some minor body damage in the rear bumper so I removed the rear bumper assembly.

EDIT: Looks like I am searching for a bumper step... mine is non-existent, along with the bolts that attached to the hitch :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
20 Posts
I found a bolt like those in my driveway about a month after purchase. Took it in to dealer, he said it was a frame bolt and put it back. I never looked to see where it came from. Maybe mine was from same location??

·
44 Posts
Thank you for sharing the photos. Glad to hear damage was minor and only to body! Everyone should check their bolts.

BTW, any one happen to know the torque spec of these bolts?

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you have a step when you bought it?

Yes it did... but now I am wondering... would it have fallen out? Seems unlikely... but I live in the mountains (there are no other titans around that I am aware of)... so someone stealing it seems just as unlikely :icon_scratch:

·
1,253 Posts
Yes it did... but now I am wondering... would it have fallen out? Seems unlikely... but I live in the mountains (there are no other titans around that I am aware of)... so someone stealing it seems just as unlikely :icon_scratch:
I had a personalized tag and an FOP insignia taken right off my motorcycle in a parking lot of a supermarket in the 10 minutes I was in there.... You never know!

·
52 Posts
Those bolts are tight, I bought my truck without a step. Found a local nissan salvage yard with a fully loaded 17 pro 4x with heavy front end damage and made a deal on the step and under seat storage. Moral of the story, I'd guess they were around 150 ft lbs. My snap on 18v 1/2" cordless wouldn't pull them. I have 2 extra bolts as the ones off the wrecked truck and mine were the same length.

·
116 Posts
Mine were loose on the driver side mostly. First tow, I noticed some clanking from the hitch platform... sure enough, loose bolts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts