Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done or planning to make modifications to XDs? Like, iron bumpers, front grille guard and Bull bars, fenders, Hood and hood scoops, spoilers, winches, and things like that. :10

·
165 Posts
I was actually hoping to see some crazy huge turbo builds.. Love seeing those, with a set of slicks on the back !

·
348 Posts
My dealer has told me of a friend of his (who happens to own a machine shop) that has gone extreme. 6 or 8 inches of lift, full delete, and some kind of tuner, didn't know all that was available yet, new exhaust all the way, and some other mods. Says he is somewhere in the 600 hp range, seems awful high, will try to get some pics and details next time I'm in the dealership. Also has fabricated front and rear bumpers and LED light bar brackets.

·
1,300 Posts
The main reason for the GM ram air is all related to emission. Those truck have the EGR turned up a lot, There is a ton of under hood heat. They are trying there best to regulate intake temps, cold air in to meet hot EGR to find the sweet spot for best internal combustion temps. Same reason for the Ram Active air box on the Dodges. They are starting to see that these trucks are more efficient with cooler air. They will figure it out one day.

·
12 Posts
My dealer has told me of a friend of his (who happens to own a machine shop) that has gone extreme. 6 or 8 inches of lift, full delete, and some kind of tuner, didn't know all that was available yet, new exhaust all the way, and some other mods. Says he is somewhere in the 600 hp range, seems awful high, will try to get some pics and details next time I'm in the dealership. Also has fabricated front and rear bumpers and LED light bar brackets.
I would like to know what tuner he has, since I have not seen anything from Hardway performance or RSD or anyone else in the aftermarket.

One day I would like to get rid of the Hippie Juice and soot cooker and have a real diesel again:grin2:

·
1,300 Posts
I Agree!!!

·
348 Posts
I would like to know what tuner he has, since I have not seen anything from Hardway performance or RSD or anyone else in the aftermarket.

One day I would like to get rid of the Hippie Juice and soot cooker and have a real diesel again:grin2:
Fortunately I don't spend a lot of time at my dealership. But next time I'm in there I'll see what I can find out.

·
19 Posts
Autoanything.com has posted up some Titan goods, . I was looking to buy one of the bull bars today and found out ALL bull bars will interfere with the parking sensors.

Anyone seen this ? know how to defeat the sensors or rewire them to negate them ?

·
712 Posts
Autoanything.com, the masters of bait and switch.
Any well designed bull bar or bumper shouldn't interfere with or do away with the parking sensors.

And I wouldn't do away with them just to mount a bull bar on the truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts