Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck in to get an alignment for my slight right drift and tailgait repair.
Made early Saturday 8am appointment.
Did not look at it untill the end of the day and then was told I needed to wait for diesel tech monday. Ok.
Told monday they dont have the right alignment set up to do the titan wheels and at the same time was told the tech who tried to align it saturday scratched the rims which now need to be buffed i guess he says.
They are going to order the right setup from Nissan and do it tomorrow.(fingers crossed)

I don't have a problem with things breaking down,even new things. But,I cant deal with what Im perceiving as a sketchy service department. Im trying to be positive. Its not like they havent sold any trucks at all.They should be able to do an alignment on a truck? Plus this is supposed to a "certified" vehicle. I had leak at rear diff plug as well. Also threw 2 1/2 gallons of Def in last week. I've had it 2 weeks. I maybe have to find a better service department.

Dont get me started on my inquiry to what it will cost for them to put in the block heater. :)

thanks for letting me sound off.

·
769 Posts
If it makes you feel any better they are pretty much all that bad. I had the same experience. Tailgate recall and head unit update and said I had to wait for the diesel tech... I said I'm pretty slow but your dumb if you think I believe you need a diesel tech for the radio and tailgate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
34 Posts
If its the new block heater (NTB17-031a) I was just quoted $768 + tax for the install. I ordered the parts through Nissan parts deal for $150 including shipping. The process seems pretty straight forward and shouldn't be to bad do ourselves. Will post an update after I get it installed.

·
629 Posts
If its the new block heater (NTB17-031a) I was just quoted $768 + tax for the install. I ordered the parts through Nissan parts deal for $150 including shipping. The process seems pretty straight forward and shouldn't be to bad do ourselves. Will post an update after I get it installed.

Some guy on YouTube did the block heater. Something happened while he was filming doing the install, but he talks you through it. He said it wasn’t too bad. If mine wasn’t garaged, I’d consider doing it.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys , thanks for the support and therapy!!
One other thing. When desk says he will call you back, does it mean that? ;)

Yeah , I'm thinking about doing the heater myself as well. Honestly, I think that should be standard.

This is helping me.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Here's my messed up rim from the alignment machine.
WOW, are they going to replace them?

How much drift did you have with your truck? I have some but I think it may be from crown roads instead of misalignment. I've brought it over to them for that issue once and they said they put it on the alignment machine but didn't say anything further.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm at the dealer right now to see it in person. They open in 15. I'll let you guys know.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I looked at the rim. The pictures make it look worse but it still is bad. It's definitely past the surface coat and into the aluminum. Now, I have talk turkey with the service manager. What he decides here could determine our relationship for the next 10 years.

As far as the amount of pull to the right, it was not bad. 9 times out of 10 though, when I let go of the steering to the right it would go.

·
769 Posts
Small claims court. If they don't replace. Like 50 to sue and they already admitted to the damage. 5k limit should get the rims replaced tires mounted with tpms.

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the truck back. New rim and if drives straight! Tailgate is fixed, rear diff plug is not leaking. There may be some hope here. :)

ECM was flashed as well. I can't tell if transmission is altogether much different. I still have a semi hard down shift to first gear once in a while. It doesn't really bother me seeing as I've generally owned manual transmissions and I sort If like it. I just don't know if it's right.
Any way I'm glad yo have my truck back.

Now, do I need a block heater?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts

@NeTitanXD, do you have links or part numbers to all of this, please??

·
34 Posts
@NeTitanXD, do you have links or part numbers to all of this, please??
Here is my order. If anyone is interested I can email the TSB with the directions. Seems to be too large to attach in the thread. Also, I believe the heating element is the same as before, just used in a different design so it doesn't burn up as easy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts