Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Here is my order. If anyone is interested I can email the TSB with the directions. Seems to be too large to attach in the thread. Also, I believe the heating element is the same as before, just used in a different design so it doesn't burn up as easy.
Awesome, thank you. I just sent you a private message with my email (I did not see the private message you called out above), and once I get the TSB from you I will post it for others here too.

·
1 Posts
Oh man do I feel your pain on Dealership Service Departments. I’ve had several bad experiences with ken Garf Riverdale in Utah. Bought a 2017 Titan XD Pro 4X from them. Love the truck. It had a small scratch in the front skid plate when it was delivered. No big deal but I want to be the one who puts the scratches in my $60,000 new truck. So they ordered another one. When it arrived, it took them an hour to figure out they had the wrong part. So they ordered another one again. When that one came in I dropped it off and picked it up after work. Like a dummy I only looked at the spot that was scratched and the scratch was gone. A week later I’m walking out from the gym where I have a better view of the underside of the skid plate and notice a dent in it that is circled with a sharpie. WTF?! When I get closer I see more dents. Them turds replaced my ugly skid plate with an even uglier one. Then I thought what else did I miss? Looking around the truck I see red paint on my steel step in my hitch. At first I thought a car hit me but then remembered the lifts stanchions in the shop are red. So not only did they give me an even more effed up skid plate, they backed my truck in to the lift and sent me home that way with out a word. If I didn’t have that step, that would have been a new bumper. I lost it and wrote the shop a nasty email. Told them I was going to tell Nissan about my experience and did. Then went to the shop to confront them. They replaced my skid plate with a good looking one from another truck they had and buffed out the red paint from my step. So now I imagine there is a Pro-4X model running around without a skid plate.

Later my pick-up pump failed and I went back for the warranty work. They did their complementary alignment check and said it was out. I knew better because the truck had been driving straight but didn’t say don’t fix it thinking maybe it’s just a little out. Pick up my truck later that day and it pulls hard to the right. Call and bring it back the next day. When I get to the shop they tell me they didn’t do my alignment yesterday. “Well it drove straight yesterday. You get your grubbies on it and now it pulls to the right bad.” Three effen hours later it still pulled to the right. Ridiculous! $100 and 45 minutes later at Big-O Tires and truck drives straight again.

Today my truck is back there again to see why my yellow malfunction light is on. Can’t wait to see what they screw up this time.

·
562 Posts
I wish I could tell you that you experience is unique but it's not even close. I had had Nissan service departments, damage my paint, stuff my air filter in wrong, not know the transmission has a dipstick, try to sell me wrong parts, lie, and the list goes on. Better off doing your own service and finding a good local shop.

·
629 Posts
Oh man do I feel your pain on Dealership Service Departments. I’ve had several bad experiences with ken Garf Riverdale in Utah. Bought a 2017 Titan XD Pro 4X from them. Love the truck. It had a small scratch in the front skid plate when it was delivered. No big deal but I want to be the one who puts the scratches in my $60,000 new truck. So they ordered another one. When it arrived, it took them an hour to figure out they had the wrong part. So they ordered another one again. When that one came in I dropped it off and picked it up after work. Like a dummy I only looked at the spot that was scratched and the scratch was gone. A week later I’m walking out from the gym where I have a better view of the underside of the skid plate and notice a dent in it that is circled with a sharpie. WTF?! When I get closer I see more dents. Them turds replaced my ugly skid plate with an even uglier one. Then I thought what else did I miss? Looking around the truck I see red paint on my steel step in my hitch. At first I thought a car hit me but then remembered the lifts stanchions in the shop are red. So not only did they give me an even more effed up skid plate, they backed my truck in to the lift and sent me home that way with out a word. If I didn’t have that step, that would have been a new bumper. I lost it and wrote the shop a nasty email. Told them I was going to tell Nissan about my experience and did. Then went to the shop to confront them. They replaced my skid plate with a good looking one from another truck they had and buffed out the red paint from my step. So now I imagine there is a Pro-4X model running around without a skid plate.

Later my pick-up pump failed and I went back for the warranty work. They did their complementary alignment check and said it was out. I knew better because the truck had been driving straight but didn’t say don’t fix it thinking maybe it’s just a little out. Pick up my truck later that day and it pulls hard to the right. Call and bring it back the next day. When I get to the shop they tell me they didn’t do my alignment yesterday. “Well it drove straight yesterday. You get your grubbies on it and now it pulls to the right bad.” Three effen hours later it still pulled to the right. Ridiculous! $100 and 45 minutes later at Big-O Tires and truck drives straight again.

Today my truck is back there again to see why my yellow malfunction light is on. Can’t wait to see what they screw up this time.
Wow, that's bad. I've bought a truck at Tim Dahl, they treated me good. Recently I had to take my truck there because the local Nissan dealership doesn't have a diesel tech so they were unable to do warranty work on it. It was a huge inconvenience on my part, but good service by them.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts