Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my motor an it won’t turn over so i’m assuming a broken crank I tried to turn it over by the fly wheel but it won’t and on the main pulley there is three bolts most vehicles have one big nut so you can turn it over there are they anywhere else to try to get it to turn over I’m replacing my motor next week and need no about getting it off without leaking I bunch of transmission fluid I’m going to go ahead and buy a output shaft seal just in case it gets damaged while trying to take the motor out

·
480 Posts
If the motor is seized then by definition you aren't going to be able to turn it over. Parts inside the motor are broken and it is jammed or welded together and trying to force it will just make things worse.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the motor is seized then by definition you aren't going to be able to turn it over. Parts inside the motor are broken and it is jammed or welded together and trying to force it will just make things worse.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I could care less about the engine that’s seized I wanted a easy way to get it out

·
918 Posts
The torque converter is bolted to a plate. If you can't turn the crank to remove the bolts, cut the plate with a torch to release the connection with the torque converter. Once you remove the engine you will be able to unbolt the torque converter. Do not damage the torque converter with the torches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts