Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fully plan on it. I am just looking for numbers so I can show the wife the cost savings and get her to buy off. I've also been holding off just to see if anyone has been head issues and trans issues after tuning.

·
38 Posts
You save money right off the bat without having to buy def fluid. I just got mine delete & tune 2 days ago, as for fuel i honestly cant tell you since i cant keep my foot of the pedal. The sound of this 5.0 cummins is amazing. I will keep you posted on the mpg since I have a 700km drive back home tommorrow.

But heading here I was at 19.4mpg hand calculate. 110km/h so 68mph in -12 Celsius going against the wind.
With the emissions.

·
1,638 Posts
I gained a soild 100 hp and 3 to 5 mpg depending on driving style and alot more grinning when pushing the pedal. Plus no more def, no more regen stink, no more oil contamination, no more limp mode on the side of the road....she will love that one..lol

·
1,331 Posts
I gained a soild 100 hp and 3 to 5 mpg depending on driving style and alot more grinning when pushing the pedal. Plus no more def, no more regen stink, no more oil contamination, no more limp mode on the side of the road....she will love that one..lol
Have you towed and seen a mileage improvement?

·
1,638 Posts
I rarely tow anything and honestly dont watch the mpgs much since I just hotrod it around all the time. But there is no doubt you will see a increase in towing mpgs due to having more torque and the trans not needing to down shift as much

·
1,269 Posts
My empty truck MPG has dropped since tuning/delete. Not a big deal considering no more regens which always lowered my mpg to about 4... Also no more DEF and no more DEF related warnings, failures and stress... When I have my camper on the truck, there is less downshifting, more power up the hills and an average 1.5 to 2mpg "loss" from hauling my old camper. My new camper is a lot heavier and taller than my old one, so there is more wind resistance and weight to move.... I have no baseline on this new camper because I bought it after the tune, so it's hard to compare apples to apples, but the truck doesn't work very hard! Since I have only hauled the new camper twice, I'm not sure that my loaded numbers won't change. I need more loaded miles to know for sure.

·
1,269 Posts
Mine increased 1 mpg hand calculated.

Wish I’d saved my money on the truck and tune.......

I'm real happy with my truck.... I knew I would be doing a delete and tune at some point even before I bought it, so the money I spent doing that was part of the cost of buying the truck.... Now it runs like a diesel should!

Reactions: Rpeeps

·
629 Posts
Mine increased 1 mpg hand calculated.

Wish I’d saved my money on the truck and tune.......

So are you saying that you wish you hadn’t spent the money and did the delete on your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
71 Posts
So are you saying that you wish you hadn’t spent the money and did the delete on your truck?

Yes. I don’t want to keep it now. I was originally going to take a loss and trade it. Decided that didn’t make good sense when I started to compare the options I have on my truck vs buying another brand with equal options, the real reason I settled on the Titan. I thought a while and made a decision to stick it out for a while and do the tune and delete at the price of $2k including egr kit to make it more reliable long term. All the while I’m seeing more and more cp4’s failing. This truck was supposed to be different since it came with a lift pump with 2 stage filters. I’m not liking being on the hook for a $10k~$13k repair bill over a pump that should not be allowed in the United States. What a piss poor design.

So yes I’m having a bit of buyers remorse. I am super pissed about the use of the cp4, mostly because I didn’t check to see if was being used in this engine. For some reason I thought cummins would continue with the cp3 like the 6.7 I6.

Sorry to complain. Hind sight is I wish I would have just not done it. It’s not a huge deal to put back stock except for the $$$ lost. My opinion are the performance gains aren’t that great and well 1 mpg ain’t nothing to brag about. Just my experience.

·
1,269 Posts
Yes. I don’t want to keep it now. I was originally going to take a loss and trade it. Decided that didn’t make good sense when I started to compare the options I have on my truck vs buying another brand with equal options, the real reason I settled on the Titan. I thought a while and made a decision to stick it out for a while and do the tune and delete at the price of $2k including egr kit to make it more reliable long term. All the while I’m seeing more and more cp4’s failing. This truck was supposed to be different since it came with a lift pump with 2 stage filters. I’m not liking being on the hook for a $10k~$13k repair bill over a pump that should not be allowed in the United States. What a piss poor design.

So yes I’m having a bit of buyers remorse. I am super pissed about the use of the cp4, mostly because I didn’t check to see if was being used in this engine. For some reason I thought cummins would continue with the cp3 like the 6.7 I6.

Sorry to complain. Hind sight is I wish I would have just not done it. It’s not a huge deal to put back stock except for the $$$ lost. My opinion are the performance gains aren’t that great and well 1 mpg ain’t nothing to brag about. Just my experience.
Sent you a PM....

·
1,638 Posts
My performance gains are incredible. Night and day difference. I run my truck hard non stop power turned up and can average 19 plus mpg no problem. If your not smart enough to run additive in any diesel to prevent premature pump failure then should go back to gas

·
75 Posts
My performance gains are incredible. Night and day difference. I run my truck hard non stop power turned up and can average 19 plus mpg no problem. If your not smart enough to run additive in any diesel to prevent premature pump failure then should go back to gas
This is my first diesel and I saw your post about additives. I am not currently running any additives. Can you recommend a brand? Also, what is the purpose for using additives? Pump lubrication?

·
71 Posts
I run diesel kleen and it’s the only one recommended by cummins. The cp4.2 has a terrible reputation that no additive can save.

·
1,331 Posts

Where are you seeing the cp4 failures on the Titan or did I miss something?

·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

That's what I was looking for! I run all my trucks hard. Who's tunes are you using?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts