Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mentioned it a few times, but I thought I would make its own thread.
Thread title is more a joke, but true the past week or so. Only because I'm driving the titan a bit more like an idiot lol.

With over 13000km this thing has really come alive. Guys once you get miles on these they improve imensly. Matting it will never work off the line. But it doesn't take much figure out how to get the most out of it. It will break loose rolling.
It would be nice if some of the critics could test these with a few miles on them.

I think if any more update flashes come out they will be hard pressed to let them do it.

·
88 Posts
Haha, I noticed that too. My mpg started improving, and then didn't. But I'm sure it was because the engine woke up and I was getting on it a lot everywhere. But even when I try to drive it economically, the mpg is not as high anymore, around the 15mpg mark right now. It was at around 18-19 for a little while.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Mine improved a bit with milage. But not drastically, I was happy with what it was getting when I first bought.

·
49 Posts
First day MPG

I just bought a loaded P4X and got 22.5 MPG over the 40ish miles from the dealer to my home. If it gets better as it breaks in, it'll be icing on the cake.
Strange thing: I test-drove a P4X when the first hit the lots and I heard a very distinct turbo even at very low speeds. Seemed like I heard it every time I pressed the accelerator. With the one I just bought, I haven't heard that sound even once yet.

·
88 Posts
It gets louder as it breaks in too.

I just had an ECM update the other day and haven't noticed any difference. I just got back to Denver about two weeks ago and I think going down to sea level ruined me because it feels like a slug again. It's not so bad in a straight line, but pulling out into traffic is a joke. I hate electronic throttle control. Just to see what it would do, during one of the poor acceleration times, I pumped the gas to the floor and back up a little repeatedly, and sure enough, there was no change in the engine at all, as if I wasn't even pumping the pedal at all.

·
224 Posts
I hate electronic throttle control. Just to see what it would do, during one of the poor acceleration times, I pumped the gas to the floor and back up a little repeatedly, and sure enough, there was no change in the engine at all, as if I wasn't even pumping the pedal at all.
If you dislike that level of throttle response, you'd sh*t your pants out on our power assurance runs on CF6-80C full fadec turbofan engines. Some take as long as 20 seconds to accelerate from idle to stable max power.

MB

·
88 Posts
My original dislike comes from my first experience with it on motorcycles. They put it in the 07 R1 and there were all sorts of issues with throttle response, particularly if you "requested" a good amount of throttle at 5000 rpm from the engine. It would not accelerate at all for a good 5 seconds sometimes. This should not ever happen on a 1000cc supersport motorcycle. I'd much rather have a direct cable from the accelerator to the throttle body. This acceleration issue on the XD is very reminiscent of my 07 R1.

A turbo fan engine is understandable. I've got over 2400 hours as a crewman in turbine engine aircraft, so I'm very familiar with run up times. I was a flight engineer and start up qual'd on the Gulfstream IV.

·
224 Posts
My original dislike comes from my first experience with it on motorcycles. They put it in the 07 R1 and there were all sorts of issues with throttle response, particularly if you "requested" a good amount of throttle at 5000 rpm from the engine. It would not accelerate at all for a good 5 seconds sometimes. This should not ever happen on a 1000cc supersport motorcycle. I'd much rather have a direct cable from the accelerator to the throttle body. This acceleration issue on the XD is very reminiscent of my 07 R1.

A turbo fan engine is understandable. I've got over 2400 hours as a crewman in turbine engine aircraft, so I'm very familiar with run up times. I was a flight engineer and start up qual'd on the Gulfstream IV.
Then you know and I stand corrected.

MB

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
If you dislike that level of throttle response, you'd sh*t your pants out on our power assurance runs on CF6-80C full fadec turbofan engines. Some take as long as 20 seconds to accelerate from idle to stable max power.

MB
Ahh yes, alas, only partial fadec on our RB211's (75's), still run fuel flow governors, but all trimming and pnematics management are done by the EEC;) Fly by wire is good as long as the response time is as intended, our trucks are just a tad slow on tip-in, hopefully better as miles accumulate and updates are made to the ECU.

BigRed

·
224 Posts
Ahh yes, alas, only partial fadec on our RB211's (75's), still run fuel flow governors, but all trimming and pnematics management are done by the EEC;) Fly by wire is good as long as the response time is as intended, our trucks are just a tad slow on tip-in, hopefully better as miles accumulate and updates are made to the ECU.

BigRed
I know this departs from the subject of the thread but I always chuckled when the FFG shutoff solenoid failed at shutdown and the crew had to pull the fire handle. Good times.

MB

1 - 20 of 56 Posts