Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a little more than 4,500 miles on my Pro4X since mid April and I have driven it back and forth to work about 10 round trips and tested the fuel mileage at different speeds each trip always with the cruise control set.
My route to work never changes, its just shy of 100 miles round trip and it is 95% highway.
Going to work at 5:30 AM, there is little to no traffic anywhere, but on the ride home at 4:00PM, I can catch some construction delays/slow downs.

First, I ran the truck at 63 mph going and coming and found that I was averaging just over 21 mpg with my best mileage on the way to work with no traffic.
Then I upped my speed to 65 mph and found that I got 22.8 mpg over the same route with slightly better mileage in the morning.
Then I upped the speed to 67 mph and got slightly better than 22 mpg average round trip.
At 69 mph my average fuel usage dropped to 21.5 mpg.

Can't explain why my average fuel useage at 63 mph and 69 mph are so close, but that is what it was....

I'm going to start another log next week and run it for ten days and see if my results are consistent.... By the way, the best mileage I've see is 25.3 for about a 5 mile stretch of Interstae 85 through the Lexington, Salisbury NC area.

Reactions: realbored

·
904 Posts
Lol footloose... I didn't know you switched out your cummins for a prius motor. Just kidding! That would be fantastic if it would happen like that but not for me. Mpgs are increasing slightly as the motor breaks in. I am just over 5500 miles now.

·
224 Posts
Just over 1100 miles on the XD and during the commute today I averaged 22.8 mpg doing a steady 70 mph between Nashville and Louisville.

MB

·
904 Posts
Cruising pretty flat to slopey back roads in ohio about 60mph I averaged 21.1 mpg over the coarse of 100 miles. Best mpg yet I have gotten

·
147 Posts
This week I am averaging 22.3 mpg, 347 miles into my current tank of gas. I've got about a 64mi flat round trip to work b/w ftw and dallas. I am pretty easy on the pedal and traffic has been light. I typcally keep top speed at 65.

·
348 Posts
what's up with the 70- speeds? Are y'all on the Interstate or highway? Cause, here in FL, if you're not running 80, you're getting pushed. But my gasser likes to run at 80 ��

·
3 Posts
Mpg

I also posted this detail to the following thread yesterday; Images attached.
Nissan Titan Diesel MPG/Gas Mileage?

Vehicle Description:
Titan XD Diesel 4X4 SL owned since April-2016
Image1:
- Each observation represents computed mpg = (miles_driven)/(gals_added) @ time of each refill.
- Freeway = 18.95 mpg.
- Freeway stop and go worst @ 15.32 mpg.
- Mountain includes a 6400 ft ascent/descent @ 18.1 mpg. Respectable mpg might be due to a more loaded bed for my mountain driving & thus improved traction.
- Daily commute is a 32 mile round trip of freeway & expressway with stop and go traffic on return home @ 16.83 mpg. Superimposed is whether a regen Y/N occurred.
Image2:
- A slight trend upward although R = 0.26 regressed value is pretty weak.
- Weight (traction) was also added to the truck through Toneau cover and very heavy duty rubber bed matt which might have improved mpg.
- I'm more curious to learn what mpg might be for the next 5K miles.
Image3:
Mpg trend by cumulative miles driven. Regens highlighted and city/freeway/mountain described.
Image4: Data in spreadsheet form.
Image5: Average mpg for total miles driven from on board computation @ 17.8 mpg.

Comments:
- When regen does occur it runs for roughly 15 minutes @ 10 mpg is my finding.
- To date I've added 5 gal of DEF @ total cost of $30

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts