Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just completed a 277 mile tow of my racecar (20' enclosed Pace loaded with car and spares; probably approaching 8k lbs or so). trip was about 50% highway w/rolling hills, 40% back roads (rolling hills) and 10% city stop-and-go. I was typically driving at or slightly above the speed limit (65-70 on highway, 35-50 on the country roads) running in Tow Mode. truck is a 2016 XD PR 4x4 bone stock, with 5200 miles on it at the end of the trip. I changed the oil about 500 miles ago (Valvoline Premium Blue 5w-40 synth). tires are at 70 front 80 rear (trailer 50 all the way around). reset the travel computer and she came out at 13.4 mpg on the computer (hand calc'd at the pump was 13.2 so the computer is a touch optimistic). oh and I've been using 1 oz every fillup of Hot Shot Secrets EDT. I'm really really happy with it as the mileage is starting to add up (basically all I ever use this for is towing my car); shifting is perfect now, smooth and direct. the dead pedal is gone (after the dealer reflash last year). tows like a dream, like the trailer is hardly back there (so quiet and smooth!). my previous truck (2003 2500HD 8.1 Vortec with 5 sp. Allision) towed very well too (not quite as effortless as this Titan Cummins though) and that trip would have been 9 to 9.5 mpg in the 2500HD with the same load and speeds. (that's almost 50% better mileage with the Titan, now that is seems to really be breaking in!!). I continue to like this truck more and more every time I take it out.

Attachments

·
121 Posts
Your engine will only get better as it breaks in, it will get louder and will make a whole lot of new and strange noises that you have never heard before.. It can drive you nuts if you let it or you can just turn up the radio. :)

·
576 Posts
Well good news, its not even set in yet. You will notice a difference at the 8-10k and Like the other member said as these motors get miles on them they appear to go through phases in response, sounds and performance. Worried me a few time but as he said check the fluids and dont let the forum make you paranoid. You will notice when you hit 20k, I have 33k on mine now. They also like to be driven a certain way and when it right they can move pretty good .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts