Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed the Titan XD Forum for over a year and finally became a member. Like many others I anxiously awaited the reveal at the Detroit auto show in Jan 2015. Before any specs were released this truck seemed like it would fit my needs. So I waited for them to hit the lot. And I waited and I waited. I was patient, I liked the idea of a diesel 1/2 ton and my 02 Tacoma has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. The idea of a diesel pickup hitting the market by Nissan seemed like it would be worth the wait. Besides seemed natural to trade in the 2010 Armada on a Titan. Unfortunately the Armada began to prove "It was a Nissan." Had to replace the block heater cord $70 just for just the cord and only available from dealer. Power steering cooling line failed $350 for hose + $300 labour. Rear hatch Strut $100 only available from dealer. Final straw both exhaust manifolds cracked, a recurring problem dating back to original release of the 5.6L. Had to rule out the XD for now. Nissan took way to long to launch this truck. No availability of aftermarket parts and dealer parts are overpriced. Decided to keep the Tacoma as my Daily driver and picked up a used Ram 3500. Can haul as much as I want, can tow whatever I want, can buy parts where ever I want and gets 15L/100km mileage. It doesn't ride like a 1/2 ton but it doesn't have the specs of a 1/2 ton either. When I'm looking to replace the Ram I'll give the XD another look. Nissan will hopefully have the pricing and the disappointing specs of the XD sorted out and if sales of the XD are decent enough after market parts makers will supply reasonable priced parts. Sorry if I bored you with my long post.

·
70 Posts
Good story hate to hear your luck with the Armada. Its always interesting to see how one person gets 200K and another has issues with the same brand of vehicle. Manufacturing inconsistencies it seems and quality control failure. Based on your experience sounds like you are making the right decision.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no doubt the Armada experience did have something to do with me avoiding the XD, for now anyhow. The poor availability of after markets parts and the excessive price of dealer parts was very frustrating. I also find it somewhat disappointing with how much research Nissan did on the XD and the length of time it took them to get this truck on the lot that they seemed to have missed on the performance and capability aspect of the truck. I hope the XD is a success. I do believe there is a gap it can fill between the current 1/2ton and 3/4 ton models and I'm sure Nissan will make some changes to better establish the XD in this market. I look forward to reading posts from Titan XD owners on the performance and reliability of their trucks and will look at the Titan XD at some point in the future.

·
41 Posts
I'm with ya Tacoman, I waited along time...after owning 2 Titans I really wanted to see something much better than this. I test drove one and looked at a couple different ones and for the price I decided to just go bigger. Maybe overkill but I don't expect my 2016 Duramax I'm picking up tomorrow to have issues. Yeah it may not have a lot of fancy electronics but it will get the job done, all for the tune of $53k....not $60k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts