Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is how my day went... I had an appointment at Team Nissan in Oxnard, Ca to buy a 2016 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X (Fully Loaded). I get all the way through the paperwork, about to take possession of it and the manager calls the salesperson away. When he returns the salesperson says he cannot sell me the truck because there is a sale hold on it from Nissan (Quality Assurance Hold?). So I went home empty handed even though I was minutes from driving off with it. I put in a complaint with their corporate office and I'll see if anything happens.

·
363 Posts
You never know with stealerships. It looks like they only had one Pro-4x. Maybe another salesman had a buyer willing to plunk more down?

You should have a buddy drive by and see if the story changes.

·
492 Posts
Might be genuine...

Link here for Maxima sedans http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/nissan-stops-delivery-of-some-2016-nissan-maxima-sedans.html

Short clip from link:

NASHVILLE — Nissan North America has halted sales of some 2016 Nissan Maxima sedans, the automaker confirmed for Edmunds on Thursday.

"Nissan is committed to a high level of customer service and satisfaction," the automaker said in a statement. "This commitment requires Nissan to periodically place certain specific vehicles on a temporary Quality Assurance Hold to assure that these vehicles, as delivered to our customers, meet our exacting standards and our customers' expectations."

No information was provided regarding why the stop-sale order was placed on certain Maximas or how many vehicles are involved.

·
1,979 Posts
So did they say they were going to call you after the hold was lifted or did they say Bye ? That would the key if it was a actual hold or they had a better deal.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The salesperson was just as shocked as I was. He said he would contact me after he knew more, he knew I was upset about it (That is putting it mildly). He even offered to deliver the truck to my house once he found out what was going on. I still want the truck and I am keeping on them.

·
1,979 Posts
The salesperson was just as shocked as I was. He said he would contact me after he knew more, he knew I was upset about it (That is putting it mildly). He even offered to deliver the truck to my house once he found out what was going on. I still want the truck and I am keeping on them.
Well, it might be a useful situation to get a extended warranty or service contract out of them. Especially if they ran your credit.

·
927 Posts
While I do not know of any stop sales on the Titans at this time it does happen. If there is a recall being brought out on them and parts are not yet available, than Nissan may put a stop sale order on them. When that happens the dealer sends in a request form for a sold unit and they get priority for countermeasure parts over stock units.

The newer Rogues have a recall on rear hatch struts right now. If they fail the inspection we are not suppose to release them until the countermeasure struts are install. Even customer units that already are delivered and have been brought back in for the inspection are not suppose to be released.

·
56 Posts
my truck had a broken clip on the tail gate top cover and we caught it while looking over the truck ..they ordered a new one for but quality assurance this should of been caught before leaving the plant.. still they couldnt sell me the truck quick enough.. no doubt they are really nice trucks ..dont give up on it .. like mine more everytime I drive it

·
31 Posts
Any update? Just wondering how long they held it and if you ended up purchasing. The same thing happened to me today with a fully loaded pro-4x

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They told me they would get more information on Aug 5th. I still want the vehicle. They are a new item so I am just remaining patient until I find out what the problem is. That said if the issue was a safety issue I'd rather it be addressed now rather than later.

·
31 Posts
The dealer I am dealing with told me the same thing on the Pro4X I am trying to purchase, they should know more this Friday.

·
207 Posts
Interesting, I took delivery on my Pro4X Gasser yesterday evening with no issue. Curious to know what you find out.

·
927 Posts
Interesting, I took delivery on my Pro4X Gasser yesterday evening with no issue. Curious to know what you find out.
A stop sale request from Nissan may only apply to a specific VIN range of trucks. Or your dealer may have ignored the stop sale request.

·
207 Posts
Most certainly. I even asked about it and they I indicated they weren't seeing anything. Oh well, guess we'll stay tuned...

·
171 Posts
It's probably related to the broken tailgate issue a lot of us have had. I was talking with the Service Manager at my dealer about my ARE Tonneau cover since he's got a gas XD and he had mentioned this. He said they had 5 trucks that were held because of it and allegedly the "fix" for the tailgate is going to be a complete replacement of the mechanism in September.

Just to be clear they were held because the tailgate was completely broken like mine was. In my case they actually completely clipped the actuator cable off to prevent it from ever re-locking in order to fix it.

·
927 Posts
I was told today that the stop sale is related to a problem with the rear seat. There is a very small VIN range that this applies to and currently no countermeasure parts are available.

·
31 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer that it is something with the backseat console and they "should" be shipping parts out next week. Hopefully that's true.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts