Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas. I am a recreational tower.
Been reading around the forum since last year. I decided to buy one and will take delivery next week Wednesday as I am busy Monday and Tuesday. Very happy to get a Pearl White Platinum. I wont use it for work but for recreational things like car hauling, boats and home improvement.

My SUV is maxed as 8000 lbs but more on 6000 lbs towing.

I am a current Nissan owner and an very impressed with the interior in the Titan.
This would be my first Pickup truck, family needs gets bigger and bigger every year.
I was really looking for a Porsche cayenne Diesel but I wanted a longer wheel base vehicle. I saw the exterior and was able to ride in a Titan last year in the texas State fair and I was very impressed with its interior craftsmanship.
I know this is my truck.
I cant wait for spring. Happy hunting to everybody.
P.S.: I had to buy 300 miles away, my local dealership was giving me BS and charging me above MSRP. No way.

·
169 Posts
Nice, congrats! Be sure to post pics and obvious impressions of the drivetrain when you do.

·
119 Posts
Congratulations! 300 miles away?! Was that S towards me near SA? Relate your dealer experience too! At this point, I'd just like to see one, stop by if you're close, lunch is on me LOL!

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! 300 miles away?! Was that S towards me near SA? Relate your dealer experience too! At this point, I'd just like to see one, stop by if you're close, lunch is on me LOL!
The dealer is actually going north. Cant say yet the dealer because I have not taken delivery yet. Job is too busy. Everything is ready, just have to sign the papers and drive. Just so happens I am working this next 7 days.

·
15 Posts
A 300 miles return with hills would be enough to see how the drive train is. Will post impressions.

Thanks. Will post pics and impressions after my trip.
I have a similar situation. Flying out to pick mine up Thursday or Friday for a 550 mile return trip. I should have a good idea of winter highway mileage when I get back.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a similar situation. Flying out to pick mine up Thursday or Friday for a 550 mile return trip. I should have a good idea of winter highway mileage when I get back.
That's always the best way to feel the truck. What trim did you get?

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Platinum Reserve 4x4 - monotone black

I saw a prototype at a local dealership - best seats of any truck I have ever seen. Looking forward to the drive.
I was really looking for an SL but the interior on a platinum worth sitting on everyday. And I have an s class and gl450.

My wife also likes it. Don't care about the mileage, I am more to towing.

·
15 Posts
I was really looking for an SL but the interior on a platinum worth sitting on everyday. And I have an s class and gl450.

My wife also likes it. Don't care about the mileage, I am more to towing.
I agree about the seats. I have a X5 diesel. I am looking forward to the Cummins/Aisin combo. Longevity shouldn't be an issue. I hope it has enough pep to bring the fun factor.

My local dealer told me that he wasn't sure they could sell their first Titan when it arrived. I asked him if he worked for a dealership or a car zoo!

·
12 Posts
Still waiting on my local "Stellership" to get their 1 XD :(

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My local dealership was asking above MSRP, I won't buy from them again. I am sure by spring there would be a lot for everybody.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
My local dealership was asking above MSRP, I won't buy from them again. I am sure by spring there would be a lot for everybody.
My boss went to a local GM dealership to inquire about the Corvette. They told him there was a $14,000 additional charge, just because they can. They also said he might have to wait 2 years to get the car.

So his reply was, well I can factory order a new Lamborgini and have it in six months. He got in his gallardo and left.

·
19 Posts
McKinney Nissan in the Dallas Metroplex was above mSRP on their XD. Someone else can have that one I guess. I won't pay more that it's worth.

·
12 Posts
McKinney Nissan in the Dallas Metroplex was above mSRP on their XD. Someone else can have that one I guess. I won't pay more that it's worth.
I don't plan on buying it. Just want to test drive without driving to McKinney ;)

Supposedly the dealerships are getting in 1 per month over the next few months. I'm sure by summer their lots will be full of the overpriced models and they'll be discounting them :devil:

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
58 Posts
Well, theoretically, the factory can punch out somewhere around 10000 a month. There is, of course, some pent-up demand thanks to the longest, dreariest new vehicle introduction in history, but I suspect there will be good availability and maybe even some incentives by late Summer, early Fall.

I just put two grand into my 2004 Titan to get it to next fall and then we'll see.

Mike

·
169 Posts
They HAVE drug this out, it's been pretty ridiculous. I mean come on, at some point the thing has to come out!

I wish there was a way to measure interest compared to demand/sold trucks.

I mean, in my case, it would take one heck of a package to pull me from my Dodges, a 1 ton Ram would do everything I could ever want it to do (and honestly, my current 1 ton has never been used to a single percentage of it's capabilities...) where the Titan falls short in overall capability. But, it would do what I'd need it to do right now; haul ATVs, the boat, a small RV if needed, and can pull my '07 on a gooseneck when it breaks (because 1100hp will do that).

I'm torn...the engine and interior would have to blow me away, and on paper the engine lacks in the "blow me away" category. My 12 year old '03 Dodge was rated just about the same, within 5hp.

Good thing I'm not going to be seriously in the market for at least a year, but it's coming to play that a heavily modded truck has downsides for the daily grind. I just can't wait to drive one though!

·
119 Posts
Yeah, but the sooner you get one, the more them miles add up and before you know it, it'll be time to chip it!! Woohoo!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts