Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I'm a Nissan guy since 05 and they have not left me stranded. Owned 6 putting average of 60k miles yearly, 2010 starting buying more than one to split the mileage. Got my first XD RS Forged Copper 1/22 and put 1k miles this weekend on it averaging 95mph at 15mpg. Impressive and extremely smooth. My opinion, Titan designers don't put much thought into mpg. It's a luxury dependable intimidating performance truck! I was a bow tie guy since the 90s until they started leaving my family on the side of the road. Bought a Titan and never looked back. We own 5 now and they all still perform perfectly. Other than the usuall maintenance, have not needed to take in to a shop for repairs. Life's good driving a Nissan.

·
857 Posts
Glad to have a Titan loyalist on the board. You must be getting a lot of looks in it for now, especially from other truck guys, some that have been waiting to see one on the road. Bound to spark some parking lot and red light conversations.

·
608 Posts
5! Wow, that is impressive that they are all still working perfectly. Says something good about Nissan. Haven't thought of Nissan as being that reliable of a brand in the past.

·
904 Posts
Congrats intimidator! I have had 2 previous titans a 2007 and a 2012. Both were great and now have an Xd. And yes you get quite a few looks as no one has seen one in my area. It is a great truck but much more of a beast than the previous titans. Feels bigger to drive, looks bigger, and is bigger! Diesel is going to take some getting used to yet.

·
41 Posts
Sorry, gotta call BS on the mileage. Nobody is getting 15mpg at 65mph, much less at 95mph. I wish that was true but it's just not. I test drove one a couple days ago, took is easy as I possibly could and only got 8.8mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
When I took mine for a 40km test drive I reset the mpg calculator. It was a good mix of city and highway and averaged 13.4 L/100km. Very impressive for a brandnew diesel with no milage.

·
404 Posts
Sorry, gotta call BS on the mileage. Nobody is getting 15mpg at 65mph, much less at 95mph. I wish that was true but it's just not. I test drove one a couple days ago, took is easy as I possibly could and only got 8.8mpg.
Very possible it was doing a regen. I had experienced this last weekend on my way to dinner with the wife. The truck was telling me 8.7-8.9mpg and then I stopped and filled it up at the gas station and got back on the road and did 21mpg at 72mph with the cruise control on.

In another thread I posted my manual calculations where I drove XXX miles and put in XX gal of diesel after mixed driving and I got 14.9mpg, mostly city driving on that tank too.

·
1,300 Posts
Ohhh it's amazing on how many people just don't know/understand about regens and or a diesel, yet and they are soo fast to sh*t on it... Great time to learn :)

·
169 Posts
15mpg at 95?

Tell me, was that pulling your 3-place unicorn trailer on the clouds as well?

·
45 Posts
15mpg at 95?

Tell me, was that pulling your 3-place unicorn trailer on the clouds as well?
I don't get why you're being so condescending. I get 18 going 75-80 on the interstate, and 14ish city. 8mpg is definitely the regen, you feel the truck kind of lurching or pulling and watch your MPG drop dramatically.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes my Nissans have been and hopefully continue to be great to me. Does anyone know how many miles or tanks of diesel I should get out of one tank of def fuel? Dealer said every 10k miles and it will need to be filled, but I'm hitting 4700 miles and I've filled three times already.

·
72 Posts
Cause he's getting 9 in his ram2500? Lol. Typical here. Some guys jumps in a brand new diesel that's been idling around the dealership, drive it 8 miles and claim they know more about the milage than an owner putting thousands of miles on them. And Gotta bring out the unicorns again to be condescending. My XD milage has steadily increased with miles. Seeing 18-21 until I start putting around town to much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts