Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, haven't been on here in awhile its my busy season at work. Got my truck 3 weeks ago and I'm absolutely loving it. Had lots of compliments at stores, gas stations, etc. and even from my die hard Ram loving best friend who has worked for them since 1994. I got all 3 packages and just put the wheels on it last week. Alot of discussion about it being slow etc. and I must say its no race truck but plenty of power in my book. I can pull out onto a road with a short window with on coming traffic and don't worry about anything. Its a big heavy vehicle and while you don't get a big sensation of speed if you watch the speedometer its moving pretty good. Going along at 55 and you click it down one gear and you are at 75 pretty quick. No its not a responsive as my gen1 Titan but it does set you back in the seat enough in my opinion considering how heavy it is. Different vehicles feel different. I've driven a couple of my friends Hemi's and they have a different feel than my old Titan they actually feel slow but they aren't its just the way the power comes on. Kind of like a 2 stroke and 4 stroke dirtbike the 2 stroke always feels faster but the 4 strokes will run right along with them. Mileage has been around 16 for me and thats been taking my son to school, back and forth to work, and running around. When I do get up to 70 in some short stretches the little MPG bar shows mid 20's pretty consistent. I'm hoping to take a trip this week which will be mostly highway to get an idea of that mileage. Have a few friends with other diesels and they said they didn't start seeing really good mileage until about 5K and I can say mine has changed since I bought it I can feel a difference in the performance at 1,600 miles vs when it was new. Haven't really towed anything yet just my 14ft cargo trailer with a couple quads. Some have asked about the payload etc. on the Pro4x I believe its actually the second highest of the trim levels not sure why the PR is so low that truck doesn't weigh that much more than the Pro4X even in 4WD. The Pro4X with all 3 packages is basically a PR without running boards but the PR's payload is way less maybe its the stiffer shocks on the Pro4X. Hauled a pallet of grass not sure the exact weight but probably 1000lbs I would guess and it barely made it squat. Compared the leafs to my friends Ram 2500 4x4 crew cab and he has 1 more. I know you have to go by what the ratings are but I think its under rated my old Titan never squatted like some of my friends trucks with higher payloads. The stereo is awesome blows away my wife's AMG. Yes the infotainment screen is a bit dated but coming from a truck without one I'm more than pleased. It has some things other trucks don't and there are some things I wish it had that other trucks do like the power folding mirrors the Fords have. Chevy and Dodge don't have them either so its one of those things where you wish you could take all the best features from all the trucks and build you own. Overall I'm more than pleased and feel great about my purchase. Is it the truck for everyone no but what truck is. Brand loyalty is a big thing to alot of folks including myself and numbers are too but this one fit what I needed as far as capability and does it comfortably. There is a section of road leaving our neighborhood where the payment switches to concrete and when I ride with my friend in his Ram 2500 4x4 crewcab when you hit that section you not only feel it you hear it but mine its no where near the bang and very little sound yes of course thats because mine is not a 3/4 ton truck I know but another reason why I like this truck its plenty for me and not as rough. Whether you buy this truck or another just buy the one that fits what you need and the one you like and be done with it there are pros and cons to them all.

Attachments

·
207 Posts
Looks awesome! It has a nice stance to it. I might be going out to buy some new wheels and tires lol

·
207 Posts
Do you have a leveling kit? Looks leveled

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure if the zero offset will work one bad thing about this truck is its not set up for larger tires without a lift. Yes mine is leveled with a 1.5 inch Tuff Country front leveling kit from the Gen 1 Titan. I needed that to put the 285/55/20 tires on it and I still had to trim the little ledge that sticks out behind the front wheel along with the area on the splash guard that covers the metal tab that sticks out nothing major though. I really wanted 60 series but they were going to be too big. The tires I have are 32.9 and stock on the Pro4X is 32.4 I believe. 1/2 inch doesn't seem like much but with the added width of the 285 vs the 275 stock tire it needed the lift in the front to make it work. The right side rubbed more than the left but now its gone and let me say its by a hair. I considered going with a 275/60 but there are very few options in the load range I believe Goodyear and one other was all that was availble. I also wanted to go with the BF Goodrich KO2's but they didn't make the right load range in the 285/55/20. These are Toyo Open Country AT2's I like them better than the Nitto's because of the more aggressive side wall. It is now about an inch higher in the front so its not perfect but I had no idea what to expect with the 1.5 leveling kit on this truck and of course no one could tell me either because its so new. I'll probably go with the 1 inch block kit for the back to get it right. I know another guy that went with the ReadyLift leveling kit with the 2.0 front and 1 inch rear and he was able to put 285/65/20 on it but still needed to trim. The part number for that kit is 69-4204. Another thing regarding my previous post I left out is this truck likes to run. Its like any other non deleted emissions diesel it doesn't like alot of idling and don't baby it your mileage will suffer. I'm not saying floor it but don't be shy mash on it and get up to speed and then let off don't try to get better mileage by easing it around it doesn't work and will provoke more frequent regens. Its a bit of a cold natured machine as well but once its warmed up this thing is a cruiser. 70 MPH down the road and you don't know you are in a diesel no vibration etc.

·
169 Posts
Truck looks good. Is it leveled?

Didn't read the posts because they're a mash of words (paragraphs man!)

But it looks great!

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truck looks good. Is it leveled?

Didn't read the posts because they're a mash of words (paragraphs man!)

But it looks great!
I've been wondering when you would chime in lol. Yes the front is leveled 1.5 inch but now I need to do 1 inch in rear wasn't sure how things would turn out on this truck and nobody could say either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts