Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try and give an informed comparison between the last three trucks I have owned, all within the last 6 months!

First a 2015 GMC Sierra Crew Cab the truck rode great, but I just was not a fan of their new engine. the problem was in town whenever coasting to a stop or rounding a curve the engine would always want to go into 4 cylinder mode and then when you tried to accelerate it was lagging to get to 8. Towing a 14' enclosed trailer with a UTV in it I managed 10mpg.

Then I bought a 2016 Toyota Tundra Platinum very nice truck nice wide power band, truck rode worse than my 3/4 ton GMC and MPG was a big concern same trailer same terrain 9mpg best I ever got HWY empty was 15.6 babying it at a steady 70mph.

Now a Titan XD I have had the opportunity to tow yet but, I believe this truck will suit my needs, ride is acceptable not the same as a 1/2 ton but not bad either, I like the power this diesel has and so far I am averaging around 15 mpg in mostly city driving. I think this truck will do what it is intended to do, tow better than a 1/2 ton, ride better than a 3/4 ton, handle more like a 1/2 ton in town and allow me to pass a few gas stations along the way. So far so good it is doing what is was meant to do for a guy like me who tows occasionally so I want the diesel power without sacrificing daily drivability.

·
1,309 Posts
I am in a very similar situation...and I agree whole heartedly. I tow a mower trailer with all my equipment 4-5 evenings a week. The 5.0 is perfect for what I do. Mileage is great, and I can't even tell the trailer is back there...both through power and feedback from the truck. I have ZERO complaints and I'm thinking it's the best truck I've ever owned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts