Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by my local Cummins shop today to buy all the necessary filters for my XD's first oil change.
At the parts counter I gave the man the part numbers I was looking for and he had the oil filter, but would have to order the two fuel filters. He didn't recognize the part numbers and asked me what these were for. When i told him the Nissan Titan XD, he asked if it was outside. AND SO IT BEGAN....

Every service tech, the service manager, all the parts guys and the overall manager came out to see the truck. They "examined" and i don't mean looked, I mean examined...under the hood, under the truck...with flashlights even, in the cab.... They crawled all over it! I was there 45 minutes. I had to start it for them, they wanted to see the gauges, sat in it with the doors closed to hear the quiet....

They quizzed each other on the various parts under the hood and pointed out how to service everything....

It was an awesome 45 minutes.....

·
165 Posts
That's some celebrity status stuff right there. Not you.. but the truck ;)

haha just kidding, that sounds like a tremendous amount of fun though !

·
84 Posts
The Cummins Quickserve guy was at work doing software updates on our fleet and crawled all over my truck , wanted to hook up insight to see if it would work but the boss was watching. It was the first one he saw in person.

·
363 Posts
It's as if they saw big foot! :)

Maybe they aren't allowed to crawl on the dealer lot merchandise but I checked online and every local dealer here has 10 to 20 XDs. Only a few were gas XDs.

·
348 Posts
My local dealer here in central Florida, has 13, 3 of which are gas. The service manager told me that they are finally starting to move. They sold 4 in the last 2 weeks, 3 of which were gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts