Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my fair share of nice vehicles over the years. Some have been more practical than others, and others have been just down right fun. This Pro4X may be my most favorite of all time. Here is why:

I have a g-ride that I drive for work every day. I use my truck for recreation (towing my WakeSetter) and for my side job (mowing) as well as some running around. Point being is when I'm driving my personal vehicle I am usually towing something. I've had numerous Chevrolet products that were 5.3 and 5.7 gas motors. They towed ok but you could still tell you were towing something. My Jeep SUCKED for towing but the cool factor offset the lack of performance. Then the XD came into my life...For MY needs it is PERFECT. Effortless towing of my lawn equipment, I can't even tell its back there. I really didn't need a bigger diesel so a Duramax, Powerstroke, or even a bigger Cummins was pointless.

This 5.0 V8 is just right for me. I've read posts and comments about people complaining about various things (lack of power, capacity, etc), but they need to keep in mind there isn't much to compare this truck to. It is in a class almost all it's own. I haven't had any major issues thus far. I had a TPMS sensor go out but that's hard to blame a new model on...I think it's just my bad luck. I had exhaust smell in the cab early on but haven't had it come back, and i even had a regen today. I'm rambling but I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my truck. FWIW

I did take the skid plate off and paint it darker...I hated that light silver color. Also waiting on Westin to release the ThrasherBoards, but who knows when that will happen.

·
658 Posts
I've had my fair share of nice vehicles over the years. Some have been more practical than others, and others have been just down right fun. This Pro4X may be my most favorite of all time. Here is why:

I have a g-ride that I drive for work every day. I use my truck for recreation (towing my WakeSetter) and for my side job (mowing) as well as some running around. Point being is when I'm driving my personal vehicle I am usually towing something. I've had numerous Chevrolet products that were 5.3 and 5.7 gas motors. They towed ok but you could still tell you were towing something. My Jeep SUCKED for towing but the cool factor offset the lack of performance. Then the XD came into my life...For MY needs it is PERFECT. Effortless towing of my lawn equipment, I can't even tell its back there. I really didn't need a bigger diesel so a Duramax, Powerstroke, or even a bigger Cummins was pointless.

This 5.0 V8 is just right for me. I've read posts and comments about people complaining about various things (lack of power, capacity, etc), but they need to keep in mind there isn't much to compare this truck to. It is in a class almost all it's own. I haven't had any major issues thus far. I had a TPMS sensor go out but that's hard to blame a new model on...I think it's just my bad luck. I had exhaust smell in the cab early on but haven't had it come back, and i even had a regen today. I'm rambling but I am COMPLETELY satisfied with my truck. FWIW

I did take the skid plate off and paint it darker...I hated that light silver color. Also waiting on Westin to release the ThrasherBoards, but who knows when that will happen.

Roll Tide!:grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts