Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my up-to-now pretty much trouble-free 2016 5.0 is in the shop, after surging, clacking, and acting like it was about to stall yesterday, with the onset of symptoms ocurring over the course of maybe a mile. I have ganky old OEM batteries in my truck, and had some corrosion on both positive terminals, so I went ahead, cleaned both, re-attached, and wound up throwing a MIL and a P0208 code on top of my continuing other problems. The code relates to an open circuit in the injector system for cylinder 8, according to the app I used, which can be indicative of electrical problems. Anybody else run into this sort of thing? Could it simply be my old batteries needing to be replaced? The technician who's looked at it is leaning toward it being an intermittent short in the wiring harness, which ain't gonna be cheap.

·
897 Posts
It's not likely related to your batteries. Usually you will get low voltage codes if your batteries are going dead. The diagnostic procedure for P0208 is pretty straight forward. Check the resistance of the injector, check the harness and resistance of the two wires between the injector and ECM and if they are all good replace the ECM.

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, realbored - that's the best explanation of possible faults that I've found anywhere. It's not even an error code that's shown up on the forum much - even my tow truck driver was surprised.

·
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: The dealer cleared the code and performed an ECM reprogram as part of recall PC731, after which they were unable to reproduce the problem. I drove it home last night and put 150 problem-free miles on it.
The tech guesses it could be an intermittent short in the wiring harness, which is a $4,000 solution not covered by my powertrain warranty. I suspect it may be the ECM, thanks to realbored's explanation above and the fact that the reprogramming may have cleared it up. I'll post updates if anything re-occurs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts