Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just passed 50K miles on my 2017 XD with the 5.0 and a check engine light came on. Just that engine symbol in the tachometer, no other lights or warnings. I figured it wasnt too important as it wasnt flashing or giving any other warnings like it did when it lost an injector.

I kept driving a little bit and when I stopped to make a right turn it went into limp mode. I couldnt get above 10mph. Still no warnings or flashing lights.

I called Nissan roadside assistance and was trying to limp it home at the same time. I got about 4 miles in limp mode and as I'm just about home the center of my dash lights up red and says "engine shutdown mode activated, pull over safely now". Smoke starts rolling out of the back of the truck and then after 15 to 20 seconds it proceeds to shutdown. Nissan towed my vehicle to the dealership and I waited. I finally heard later the next day that they dont know what's happening. They say there were codes in there but they were from months ago and there were no codes from what just happened.

They cleared the codes and the truck ran fine. I picked it up that night. I was working the next day so I had been driving from job to job and halfway through the day I stopped by my house to drop something off. I came out to leave and immediately the cel came on and I was in limp mode again. Nissan told me to shut the truck off and open and close the door as this is supposed to get you out of limp mode. It worked and I took the truck up to them immediately. The cel is still on at this point. I did notice that if I try to put my foot down hard on the gas pedal that it spits and sputters and doesn't run right. But it made it the hour to the dealership.

I called today to see if they've found anything and they said it still isnt throwing any codes. The service manager said if they had to they'd fly Nissan engineers out to figure out what going on but I dont have much faith in that really happening. They have opened a case with Nissan and now we wait.

So after all that, my question is has anyone else had anything like this happen? Is there anything I can point them towards?

Thanks in advance!

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just got an update from Nissan. They said that nissan corporate remotes in and found an actuator for the turbo that was showing a fail so they are going to replace that and see what it does. They dont seem very confident, but at least the truck is saying something!

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I got it back today. Here is the report from Nissan. They've been great to deal with, just had no idea what to do with it.
20190911_201914.jpg

·
1 Posts
Have you had any issues since getting this fixed ? I could have copied and pasted this. My truck just did the exact same thing and they are telling me exactly this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts