Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several streets in Mississippi the GPS can't find, but my Garmin works with free up dates. I call Nissan they want 149.00 for this, rip off when my 5 year old Garmin works, and finds the street.:surprise:

·
1,300 Posts
Yep, the whole need to pay to upgrade the GPS is a joke. If the MFG offers it to you it should updated by them for free... There is a reason why the nav is packaged with the good stereos only. Make you pay once for it because they most likely wont get a sale again.

Google Maps on my phone works 100% better then the nav on the truck anyways even from day 1. I think i've used it 3 times in the 3 years of ownership and it was only used because my phone was having issues.

·
1,253 Posts
Yep, the whole need to pay to upgrade the GPS is a joke. If the MFG offers it to you it should updated by them for free... There is a reason why the nav is packaged with the good stereos only. Make you pay once for it because they most likely wont get a sale again.

Google Maps on my phone works 100% better then the nav on the truck anyways even from day 1. I think i've used it 3 times in the 3 years of ownership and it was only used because my phone was having issues.
If Nissan was smart, they would let you bring the vehicle in for a free update and while it was there look it over and see if any maintenance was needed where they could make a few bucks.... But, even if I had to pay, I wouldn't mind paying $50.00 for a system update. That is about my limit. But to pay 3 times that for a system update and I can only use it fully only when i'm stopped is dumb. I have a stand alone Garmin GPS on my windshield that has lifetime updates and I have a phone with navigation....that is always current. Not paying Nissan for any updates!

·
601 Posts
I also just use my phone. Tried it one time when I first got the truck didn’t care for it definitely not worth paying for.

·
Super Moderator
667 Posts
Once Apple CarPlay is out for the titan next year, I plan to either swap a head unit or if the hardware is the same, call a favor in to a tech and see if they can flash it on to my existing head unit. To bad folks a lot smarter than me, haven't found a way to update the map packs on the SD card:/

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Once Apple CarPlay is out for the titan next year, I plan to either swap a head unit or if the hardware is the same, call a favor in to a tech and see if they can flash it on to my existing head unit. To bad folks a lot smarter than me, haven't found a way to update the map packs on the SD card:/
I looked at it, I don't think it is possible to update them or change them to something you can get the data for. A couple of months ago, they sent an email offering the update for 99 bucks. passed. I attempted to use those maps one time, what a joke! It was difficult to use, gave the wrong directions and found the business I was looking for in a residential neighborhood. I have an up-to-date Garmin with traffic and lane assist and ... and my iPad has Garmin maps, google maps, msn maps, etc.

·
170 Posts
Don't look at any of the other trucks offered, it will really make you mad. Nissan's best is 10 years behind everyone else and don't even get me started on that Connect crap.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Don't look at any of the other trucks offered, it will really make you mad. Nissan's best is 10 years behind everyone else and don't even get me started on that Connect crap.
Another joke but they offered it to me for 15 bucks so I renewed when I renewed my Sirius subscription. Beat them down to 100 bucks a year for the radio. They got a good racket going on!

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only reason I wanted a GPS in the truck,cuz its worth more when you sell it, just like a sun roof. You get that 800 buck back at trade on a sun roof. Now it gps too. If the sucker new it was a 150 up date he will think twice.:frown2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts