Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my local dealer got 2 SL's in today. So I am going over to look at them tomorrow but I having a hard time because we will be trading in the 2010 Titan that my wife uses as a daily driver . So I have a few questions that I might get some opinions. This might also help we tow a 6000 pound trailer along with a family of 4 and probably 400 pounds of dirt bikes and gear in the bed of the truck about 3 weekends a month for 8 months.

1. Do you think the Titan will be to much truck for a daily driver for the wife.
2. Would the gas engine be a better choice than a diesel
3. Should I be looking at the F150 3.5 Ecoboost as a family rig.

Thank you.

·
904 Posts
So my local dealer got 2 SL's in today. So I am going over to look at them tomorrow but I having a hard time because we will be trading in the 2010 Titan that my wife uses as a daily driver . So I have a few questions that I might get some opinions. This might also help we tow a 6000 pound trailer along with a family of 4 and probably 400 pounds of dirt bikes and gear in the bed of the truck about 3 weekends a month for 8 months.

1. Do you think the Titan will be to much truck for a daily driver for the wife.
2. Would the gas engine be a better choice than a diesel
3. Should I be looking at the F150 3.5 Ecoboost as a family rig.

Thank you.

The steering on the xd is a little more labor intensive than the standard titan. It is a big truck. I came across a crew cab tundra with I am guessing a 3 inch lift and 35" tires and it was pretty much the same physical size and height of the xd. I am parcel to the diesel for towing as I have had a titans and now the xd. Haven't had a chance to tow with it yet but looking forward to doing so. Sounds like with the family, trailer, dirtbikes, and hear you may be pushing limits of the f150... But I don't know specs as well... Saying that I know that the family would fit in the xd along with a couple neighbor kids with no problem. I am not saying steering is a problem as it is a different steering system but definitely different than what she is used to with your titan now.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
If you are considering the F150 do your self a favor set it up to drive the xd back back with the F150. I own a 2015 f150 I am annoyed with my rattling tin can after taking the xd for a good drive i now dispise my rattling tin can F150 now. If the ford dealer wasn't screwing me over on my buyout. I would already have the titan in my name.
But as a daily driver the titan xd is and feels bigger then previous generation titan.

·
1,300 Posts
SL, SV And PR come with the bars Pro4X doesn't but you can wheel and deal those into your deal.
F150 is junk compared to the titan. The titan will live longer and will be wayyyy more reliable and is hands down a better build

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I tested the Titan XD SL yesterday along with a F150 Lariat with the 3.5 TT. first off the Titan is a good looking truck. Very muscular looking. Truck is roomy inside. The Engine starts and sounds like a gas engine you would never know it was a diesel. I did about a 20 mile loop thru the rural back roads and boy does it ride nice. Very composed over the rough and uneven roads. The cummings was well a diesel it seemed to never be in a hurray. It just did its job. The transmission was the best part you barley ever noticed it shifted. You could feel the weight but it never was a concern. Then I thru the wife in the drivers seat and she liked it found the steering a bit different but not difficult. When we got back to the dealership I made the mistake in having her drive the F150. She instantly fell in love with it. It wasn't as composed on the rough roads (Later I test drove the F150 with the 6.5 bed instead of the 5.5 and it drove much smoother.) I loved all the techo crap the ford had probably because technology is my job but It was when I got behind the wheel I really felt the F150 would be a better Family truck than the Titan. The 3.5 TT is a blast to drive. Now the Price for the titan was about right were it should be $56000 for the SL. It split the Lariat and the Platinum we were looking at. All were 2016. Nissan sure used the F150 as a copy to the Titan. The interiors were very similar and even the outside. To make a long story short and about 7 hours later at the dealership we ended up with a 2015 Lariat 3.5TT. I would be lying if I said price was a bit of a factor. The 2015 Was $10000 cheaper than the Titan and 2016 F150 and gave us everything we needed. I will be interesting to see how the gas engine works in the xd because of the 2000 pound weight disadvantage compared to the ford.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have noticed price is all over the place. There was an ugly Brown SV for $53 at one dealership and the one dealership we have used for years has 2 SL for $56. I am not exactly sure were the Titan should be placed in the truck world. They call it a tweener but I am not sure that is what it is except for weight. I saw a few F150 sold yesterday but not much interest in the Titan.

·
70 Posts
I think the Titan will do well once they start advertising it I've only seen the one commercial one time to date. Will it ever sell like a F150 no. From birth we grow up seeing on TV that the F150, Silverado, and Ram are the only trucks and Bud Light is the only beer. It must be good if its on TV all the time scenario. Not me, I buy something based on longevity and quality.

·
1,300 Posts
I agree 120% titandan, its a beautiful thing knowing that you dont really need to drive a truck thats a throw away now. A 60K ford will fall apart just as fast as a 25K ford, they are throw aways and aweful to drive past the 80,000 mark...

I love when you close a door on the Fords and the panels flex and push out. Junk

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I wasn't joking when I said, what a difference going from the titan xd drive back into my rattling tin can 2015 f150.
If the 2015 f150 you are looking at has the panoramic roof check out the "knocking moon roof thread" in the F150 forums. Many of us have been to the dealer many of times with still no fix. Warped dash is considered okay by ford because every other truck on the lot is like that. That's there favorite saying "it's normal as every other truck on the lot is like that" especially in regards too panel alignment and gaps.
Lots of issues with leather interior. Rear seat arm rest won't close property and sticks out alot. Fords initial response was because they are all like that it's considered a normal part of production. Then people got wise to say how they can't safely put there child's seat there.
But aside from that it is a fun light weight truck drive. Until you start towing in the upper 70% of its limit.

·
2 Posts
I have a 2015 F150 KR. I am currently have hired an attorney to help file a lawsuit to get rid of mine. I have owned it less than 1 year. I have 30 pages of shop invoices for problem and TSB fixes that are needed. Plus the only reason I went with an F150 was for the adaptive cruise control, which still doesn't work right even after the safety recall has been applied to the truck.

Please check out the F150forum before buying one. I have heard the dealer I bought my truck from is recommending people not buy a 2015 F150 because of all the problems.

Hope this helps.

If I can get rid of my F150 I am leaning towards the Titan XD or a Tundra. My attorney said he never has had to sue Toyota and only maybe Nissan 2-3 times in 30yrs. Where as Ford is the company he has to sue more often than not.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I felt same way with my 2015 f150. Thank god the Canadian dollar tanked. I ended up getting more for my f150 then I paid for it almost a year ago shipping it down to the states.

·
91 Posts
I have an 08 Tundra CM Limited with over 200k. Very stout truck. Nothing done to it but fluid/filter changes. Original brakes too.

Just sayin'...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts