Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So went to my dealer today to pick up my nerf bars / step rails/ running boards whatever you wanna call them. I picked them up was getting ready to install them and they were not what I thought i ordered... I was looking for the long piece of tubular metal that you step on to get into your truck. Well I ordered the step rails thinking they were running boards. Apparently the titans that come stock with these are equipped with running boards. Even the nissan parts guy was confused as you all probably are. Anyway the nissan website has them labeled backwards. They had the charcoal step rails and running boards mixed up. Don't know if I should try and get the running boards that I was trying to get or settle for the charcoal step rails. I included a picture of what it will look like once installed. I liked the length of the running board as you can more easily reach stuff in the bed. What's your guys thoughts? Running boards or step rails? Sorry for the confusing paragraph

·
1,979 Posts
On a stock hight truck I say nothing. Steps and badges are the 1st thing that get ripped off of my vehicles. If it has a 6" lift then definitely AMP steps.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you but I don't really go offroad unless I am getting a load of firewood. I just like the look of the step rail it kind of hides the huge frame that sticks out under the truck. Also would help the wife in and out of the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I found it wierd that the full length ones that come stock on mine show cheaper then the tube ones. Sucks you found out the hard way.

·
99 Posts
This is the exact reason I avoided ordering OEM accessory bars. The pictures on their site are misleading.

Apparently the "flatter" step rails are only available from the factory. Maybe the collision catalog eventually.... But I'm not really a fan of the tubular look.

·
41 Posts
Yes that was a confusing read! I couldn't tell if you expected tubular step rails or running boards. The tube rails that you got look good in my opinion. Running boards are molded in to match the contours of the truck and I don't think that looks all that good. They usually involve alot of plastic,which on a truck sux.

Westin makes a flat step bar called the Thrasher that I like. Probably get them for my Duramax.
Nice truck BTW!

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys. I was hoping to get the full length ones not the tubular style really. The dealer told me the longer ones were available but they were sold by the individual piece. At a discounted price of 375 per side... The tubular stock ones were msrp @ $420 but dealer sold to me for 354 plus tax

·
203 Posts
I like the looks of those, but also agree that the full length ones are a nice feature. If it's my money I'd want the ones that ran all the back to the rear tires to have the easier bed access. But it's your money, get what makes you happy.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well plot thickens. Decided to go ahead with these nerf bars. Was looking at install instructions and noticed these are for a 2004 nissan titan CrewCab. PART NUMBER 999t6-wq004 (was labeled inside the box) . on outside of box had a new sticker for part number 999t6-w4350 (this was correct number XD). So THE ACTUAL box and parts in the box are mislabeled. I attached the install instructions dated 2003. Lmao... Oh boy no luck here. None of the brackets would work for install

·
167 Posts
I went tubular but the had to be ordered in as the brackets were different than the regular Titan rail. Really keeps the dirt off the bottom of the door with them on. I just wanted black. Less bling is better for me.

Attachments

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those look exactly what they gave me? U say the brackets that came with them didn't work? My frame doesn't look anything like the installation instructions say it should. So they were able to order brackets to work with them? Ps truck looks great. Is that headache rack from an older body titans utilitrac system

·
167 Posts
No I had for these to come in. The ones they had in stock were for old Titan only. These bolt right on I presume. The rack I made for my old Titan and had slides in the tracks. Transferred it over and bolted right into new tracks. No modifications

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's mine dealer installed a week ago. Ordered with truck in January just now got them in and installed
What color are your running boards? Are they matte black and have just a strip of chrome or is it a strip of silver paint?

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if they have them in all black? Or charcoal? Chrome wouldn't do well on my truck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts