1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Just picked it up from 4 wheel parts today. The truck looks like a beast. Drives well. Definitely notice i have to push the peddle a little more to push those 35’s but it’s not too bad.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. The truck looks like an absolute beast with this lift. I should have done this 3 years ago. Can’t wait to go romp on it a bit!

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good.
thanks bud. Looking forward to my sliders showing up in 3 months…..I’m probably gonna pull the trigger on a coastal off-road winch front bumper soonish too. Just need to find someone i trust to weld it together for me.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great! Lack of running boards makes it look pretty lean. How much drop do you have on that trailer hitch?
Thanks! I took the running boards off not long after getting it. Really need to sell those someday.

I think it’s a 5” drop. It worked well pre lift. I probably need something with a 10” drop now for my trailer to run level.

Reactions: NCDesmo

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted those tires about 6 months ago, but they were national back order. They look great- let us know how they hold up.
will do. So far I’m extremely happy with them.

My truck had Toyo open country MT’s that we’re very low on tread when I bought it. I took it off roading a few times with those tires and was amazed how much grip they had, even with low tread. I’ve never had MT’s before….But they were pretty terrible on road. They were downright terrifying driving on wet roads. I replaced those with KO2’s. They were great on road but had significantly less traction then the Toyos had off-road.

so far almost all my driving with the Mickey Thompson tires has been on road and they’ve been great. Little or no road noise. I did get a chance to do a little bit of off roading when I took my side by side out to an off-road park. I only drove my truck around for about an hour. I mainly wanted a feel for the tires and how much more clearance I had with the lift.

I didn’t air down and practically idled through some pretty sloppy mud pits. I was almost trying to get stuck. The tires didn’t slip even once. Aired way down with those bead grip rims and my new clearance, I feel like I’m gonna have to try real hard to get myself in trouble……really need to plan a trip soon to give the new set up a proper test.

Reactions: QuikCoastie17

·
325 Posts
will do. So far I’m extremely happy with them.

My truck had Toyo open country MT’s that we’re very low on tread when I bought it. I took it off roading a few times with those tires and was amazed how much grip they had, even with low tread. I’ve never had MT’s before….But they were pretty terrible on road. They were downright terrifying driving on wet roads. I replaced those with KO2’s. They were great on road but had significantly less traction then the Toyos had off-road.

so far almost all my driving with the Mickey Thompson tires has been on road and they’ve been great. Little or no road noise. I did get a chance to do a little bit of off roading when I took my side by side out to an off-road park. I only drove my truck around for about an hour. I mainly wanted a feel for the tires and how much more clearance I had with the lift.

I didn’t air down and practically idled through some pretty sloppy mud pits. I was almost trying to get stuck. The tires didn’t slip even once. Aired way down with those bead grip rims and my new clearance, I feel like I’m gonna have to try real hard to get myself in trouble……really need to plan a trip soon to give the new set up a proper test.
Haha don’t get too cocky, I did when I got my new tires. Don’t get me wrong if you know how to mud, yeah she’ll get through her fair share but it will get in trouble real quick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts