Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something to get rid of all of my 5th wheel equipment ( weight ) and this looks like it may fit the bill. I want to be able to easily remove it when I am not towing which is only during camping season. This also will leave me with a nice clean, flat bed floor when not in use. Anyone on here using it? Does the base cover our pucket holes for the safety chains? I am also going to get my factory spray in liner redone with a Line X spray in. Any help would be most helpful. Thanks!

·
Banned
356 Posts
Looking for something to get rid of all of my 5th wheel equipment ( weight ) and this looks like it may fit the bill. I want to be able to easily remove it when I am not towing which is only during camping season. This also will leave me with a nice clean, flat bed floor when not in use. Anyone on here using it? Does the base cover our pucket holes for the safety chains? I am also going to get my factory spray in liner redone with a Line X spray in. Any help would be most helpful. Thanks!
I use it to tow my fifth wheel (2018 Titan XD Pro4X Cummins). You dont require safety chains with this system, and I havnt used them up to this point (although I think Indiana does require them by state law). I did recently buy the safety chains for an added measure of protection, but have not towed with them yet and have not looked to see if the holes are covered. However, even if they are, Anderson sells an adaptor plate that goes under the anderson around the gooseneck ball to connect the safety chains to. I will put the hitch in today and look to see if the holes are covered or not. Overall, I love the hitch. I take it in and out by myself and it is easy to do. The hitch works flawlessly and has given me not an ounce if trouble. My only slight complaint (and very minor, although some have more heartache with it) is the fact you have to raise your fifth wheel up pretty good to clear the ball. Some people have said they had issues raising it high enough before running out of front leg travel, but I drop the legs almost to the ground using the adjustable pins before lowering the legs and I have never had an issue with this at all.

·
Banned
356 Posts
So I checked and it does interfere with the pucks in the bed. However as I said there is an adapter plate made to fit around the gooseneck ball. I just ordered one from Amazon for 60.00.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great! I do know that they are also making a lowered version of this hitch. How much lower I am not sure. I will check out their website.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the lowered version is the way to go for me. The lowest setting 12 3/8" the middle is 13 7/16" and the highest is 14 5/8".

·
1 Posts
Hi guys , I'm late to the party . I have a 2017 Titan XD crew cab .Cummins diesel . How is the anderson hitch performing and is it a good fit for my 30' Montana 5er ? I currently am using the reese sidewinder with a curt A16 , but would like to get ride of it if I can . I do also have the puck system in the bed . My bed is 6 1/2 '. I appreciate any input you can give me . Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts