Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beat my personal best in the mileage department yesterday. The trip is about 10 miles with only 2 stop signs.

·
701 Posts
24.6 mpg on a 300 mile trip with 5500 miles on the clock.. avg speed was 65mph with a bit of town driving .. no wind level ground.. if that's the best I ever get I will be a happy camper...my truck is a 4x2 btw ..I wish I had 3.7x gears in it as it does not do that well @ ~75 mph where I spend most of my time... xxx

·
92 Posts
With a 6" Calmini lift, 4x4 with 20 fuel wheels and 35" tires: I am lucky to get 10 mpg on a tank. If I'm on the highway at 65 mph, I get about 14-15.

·
264 Posts
The tank is obviously full. That is when most reset the economy meter. The trip odometer is 5.1 miles. True mileage will not be accurate until at least 30 miles if one is truly getting 27mpg. These gauges are far from realistic at certain times. As proof, I would love to reset at the top of a mountain and idle down to the bottom of it at at 65mph. ;)

·
701 Posts
The tank is obviously full. That is when most reset the economy meter. The trip odometer is 5.1 miles. True mileage will not be accurate until at least 30 miles if one is truly getting 27mpg. These gauges are far from realistic at certain times. As proof, I would love to reset at the top of a mountain and idle down to the bottom of it at at 65mph. ;)
sounds like sour grapes to me !! xxx

·
226 Posts
My 2017 PR could probably get close to 30MPG...

... free-falling down a mine shaft... with a following wind!

Then again, it's only got 400 miles on it, so gimme time!

Now that I know what is possible, it might help with my case of LF-itis (lead-foot related malady!)

russ

·
895 Posts
With having both 2 and 4 wheel drive Nissan XD's, noticed the XD's mileage begins to improve around the 3000 mile range whether congested city travel or not.

·
576 Posts
At 10,000 I thought the 5.0 was settled in but now having passed 20k I had to revise that. Best mileage ever on my run to work in the morning was a little over 23. Combined average of 17.6 to 17.9

·
901 Posts
The tank is obviously full. That is when most reset the economy meter. The trip odometer is 5.1 miles. True mileage will not be accurate until at least 30 miles if one is truly getting 27mpg. These gauges are far from realistic at certain times. As proof, I would love to reset at the top of a mountain and idle down to the bottom of it at at 65mph.
I reset mine all the time. With the cold weather doing what it does i get too depressed looking at 37 ish l/100 kms. Not sure what that is in mpg but i kno it sucks. I keep resetting in hopes it may drop back to the mid 20s atleast. Haha.

·
30 Posts
With a 6" Calmini lift, 4x4 with 20 fuel wheels and 35" tires: I am lucky to get 10 mpg on a tank. If I'm on the highway at 65 mph, I get about 14-15.
I have a 6" procomp lift and 35s and I'm about the same. I'd kill to see over 20.

·
214 Posts
Filled mine up last night and had a regen this morning, got to work with 9.4 showing after 26 miles...:crying2:

·
19 Posts
I never reset my fuel mileage. My best trip from start up to shutting the truck off is 21.4 mpg. That was a 70 mile drive. The computer shows 16.2 mpg and the fuelly app shows 16.8 average, with a 18.8 best tank. That tank was 371 miles driven on 19.704 gallons. That includes pulling trailers also. My truck is a '17 PR Cummins 4x4. Thanks, Steven

·
26 Posts
I never reset my fuel mileage as well which has been holding steady at 18.5mpg for the past few months. The best I had was 25.6mpg and that was from Key West to Miami. I average around 20mpg on most trips that aren't quick trips to the gym/store. When I do hand calculations I average around 19mpg per tank. If it wasn't for idling in constant South Florida traffic it would be higher (and those pesky regens...).

The fuel mileage has been the best surprise about this truck. After months of shopping and test drives it was between the F-250 (gas) and the Titan XD Diesel. I'm happy with my choice so far as from what I can tell, the 6.2L gas engine on the Ford side is an absolute pig when it comes to fuel consumption.

Attachments

·
37 Posts
I don't know how y'all get such high mpg my truck is stock other than rpg hood with scoop amp steps and roll back bed cover. I have about 8,000 miles on my truck and my best is 17.6 mpg and that was cruseing like grandma

1 - 20 of 83 Posts