Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
115 Posts
Well I’ve got 1255 miles on the clock and I towed a bobcat for roughly 60 miles or so. The trailer and bobcat combined I was told was about 8500lbs. Some highway and a lot of up and down hills with lights and stop signs. I know it was only about 60 miles but it stayed between 16.4-16.7 mpg. I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Non towing average is bout 17

So I’ve seen some on here all stock getting an average of 22 on the highway where I average 18.
????

I did 21.5 running 55 constant doing a test trip on back roads in Texas.....55 keep in mind.
I run 65 MPH all day every day and get 19.5 average consistently but that didn't happen until after the first 10k in mileage.
Much like you, I got 18 when new.
Ive got 20k and i aint got my mpg steroid boost yet. Arice must have to best apple outta the basket ?
????If you would consistently drive 65MPH and keep your foot out it?.....you too would be getting 19.5....??

·
21 Posts
Well I’ve got 1255 miles on the clock and I towed a bobcat for roughly 60 miles or so. The trailer and bobcat combined I was told was about 8500lbs. Some highway and a lot of up and down hills with lights and stop signs. I know it was only about 60 miles but it stayed between 16.4-16.7 mpg. I was impressed.

Man, 16.4 -16.7 is what I get just commuting to work, 60 miles round trip with a mix of freeway cruising and surface streets.

·
1,311 Posts
I got 18.2 from Chattanooga to Raleigh through the Nantahala River Gorge and 18.5 coming back. This was running anywhere between 75-80 when I could. Was quite impressed.

·
35 Posts
I got 18.2 from Chattanooga to Raleigh through the Nantahala River Gorge and 18.5 coming back. This was running anywhere between 75-80 when I could. Was quite impressed.
That sounds GREAT for that speed
Cruise control ON or OFF?
Our 2017 Titan XD S, 50k miles usually gets that, Cruise control OFF, and minimal regens.
We recently did Danville, VA to Greenville, SC and got 18.8 round trip, Cruise ON.
A couple of months ago, we did Danville, VA to Charleston, WVA (over the mountains on I-77) and hit 19.2 MPG... cruise set on 70-72.

I would really like to be getting +20 on a regular basis! Still searching for any answers.

·
1,311 Posts
No cruise. I have the RC 2/1 lift and 305/65-18’s as well.

I should say that my truck is “lighter” than it was from the factory. In setting #3 too...

·
35 Posts
No cruise. I have the RC 2/1 lift and 305/65-18’s as well.

I should say that my truck is “lighter” than it was from the factory. In setting #3 too...
I should add, we're carrying >500 lbs in the bed, evenly distributed... closer to 700lbs, I think.
No mods, tire pressure is 63F & 75R with new tires, essentially the same as the original, but with quieter tread.
Milestar Patagonia A/T LT265/70R17 121S E (10 Ply) OWL
What we recently switched to, MUCH quieter on the highway, and a HUGE improvement in traction from the stock tires.
Don't know how long they're gonna last, usually better traction = higher wear, we'll see.

·
35 Posts
I didn’t have a single regen either!!!

This past weekend I got 22.5 on a 30 mile drive at about 55mph too!
Come on, man... 30 mile drive!? IMO, it takes a tank of fuel to start getting a handle on fuel economy.
Tell me what you got with 400 miles, or a tank of diesel.... I got a mountain I can get +30 mpg on too!

We're driving from Virginia to Wisconsin the 1st week of June, over the Appalachian mountains, with lots of flat roads along the way, there and back, we'll clock over 2k on the trip, I'll post what we get.

·
1,311 Posts
It was the economy for that particular trip. It appears when you shut off before you open a door. I don’t have to debate it with you...I’ve had my truck for 3+ years and I know the tendencies it has. It’s currently showing 16.4 mpg on the lie o meter. I reset it before Raleigh and when I returned I was at 18.1 (never reset it during the stop and go city driving while I was there) and since I’ve been back I’ve done nothing but towing.

·
1,324 Posts
Come on, man... 30 mile drive!? IMO, it takes a tank of fuel to start getting a handle on fuel economy.
Tell me what you got with 400 miles, or a tank of diesel.... I got a mountain I can get +30 mpg on too!

We're driving from Virginia to Wisconsin the 1st week of June, over the Appalachian mountains, with lots of flat roads along the way, there and back, we'll clock over 2k on the trip, I'll post what we get.
Ive got 20k on my odometer. I have 15.7mpg from all kinds of roads - towing and not.

Honestly i dont much care what i get mpg. Owning a v8 cummins 5.0 is so cool! Heck it out performs my new super duty dually trucks on mpg so by way of comparison im very happy. Lol

·
1,324 Posts
I didn’t have a single regen either!!!

This past weekend I got 22.5 on a 30 mile drive at about 55mph too!
Thats awesome. Truck broken in and worked good and can get over 20mpg is awesome. Thanks for checkin in with that data regardless of what anyone else might say.

Our lighter trucks are running a soild +2 mpg over stock in tune 3 By my estimation

·
35 Posts
Ive got 20k on my odometer. I have 15.7mpg from all kinds of roads - towing and not.

Honestly i dont much care what i get mpg. Owning a v8 cummins 5.0 is so cool! Heck it out performs my new super duty dually trucks on mpg so by way of comparison im very happy. Lol
We have 50k on our 2017, if there's a way to get 20MPG - that's what I'm looking for.
We already found good prices for Diesel... currently 2.79 in Danville, several stations, but the goal remains the same, breaking that elusive 20 MPG mark.
and... our driving style is not your take-it-easy, we accelerate quickly up to speed, kick in the cruise, let her roll, getting us solidly into the 18.x's.

·
1,324 Posts
We have 50k on our 2017, if there's a way to get 20MPG - that's what I'm looking for.
We already found good prices for Diesel... currently 2.79 in Danville, several stations, but the goal remains the same, breaking that elusive 20 MPG mark.
and... our driving style is not your take-it-easy, we accelerate quickly up to speed, kick in the cruise, let her roll, getting us solidly into the 18.x's.
Tune it and run Amsoil 3 in 1. Possible then if not towing

·
35 Posts
Tune it and run Amsoil 3 in 1. Possible then if not towing
Tune it..? as in add something like an after market gismo? We're 100% stock, with a 100k warranty, nothing doing till it hits 100,001. We had the ECU updated last fall for the dead pedal & hard shifting - big difference!

·
1,324 Posts
Tune it..? as in add something like an after market gismo? We're 100% stock, with a 100k warranty, nothing doing till it hits 100,001. We had the ECU updated last fall for the dead pedal & hard shifting - big difference!
You were looking for a way to gain 2mpg increased fuel economy and I suggested one that will definitely get you that.

·
50 Posts
I've got about 9600 miles on it, and have been averaging about 16.7 mpg. Occasionally on short, 10-15 miles trips I can get 19+. Today I drove about 100 miles, two lane rural highways and tried to stay under 70 mph. I got a new high of 20.6 mpg.

·
35 Posts
I've got about 9600 miles on it, and have been averaging about 16.7 mpg. Occasionally on short, 10-15 miles trips I can get 19+. Today I drove about 100 miles, two lane rural highways and tried to stay under 70 mph. I got a new high of 20.6 mpg.
9600 miles @ 16.7mpg, sounds pretty much like ours. Around 15-20K we had the reprogramming done for the dead pedal and hard shifting, and MPG like magic climbed into the 18.x's - with regens. If we run a tank without any regens, we hit +19.x mpg... but, one regen and we're back into the 18's again.

Expect an improvement as the engine & everything gets broke in further. I've heard synthetic oils are so slick, they sort of delay full break-in a lot longer than the old 500-1500 miles we useto see with conventional oil. sounds like your's is right on target.

·
50 Posts
9600 miles @ 16.7mpg, sounds pretty much like ours. Around 15-20K we had the reprogramming done for the dead pedal and hard shifting, and MPG like magic climbed into the 18.x's - with regens. If we run a tank without any regens, we hit +19.x mpg... but, one regen and we're back into the 18's again.

Expect an improvement as the engine & everything gets broke in further. I've heard synthetic oils are so slick, they sort of delay full break-in a lot longer than the old 500-1500 miles we useto see with conventional oil. sounds like your's is right on target.
In a few weeks we are taking a 1900 mile round trip, pulling a flatbed trailer, with two Polaris Rangers. Total weight is about 4800 pounds. I will be keeping a close accounting of fuel and miles and will report back here.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts