Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new camper. It's a 2021 puma 31qbbh, total length 37.5', 8900 dry weight, and I'm guessing all out crap loaded in it it's a tad over 10k. Gonna put it on scales when we get back. Just towed this thing from south Louisiana through Arkansas and into branson Missouri, went through the ozarks today, 1 or 2 7% grades, truck handles it like a champ. I think it's such bullshit Nissan discontinued the diesel, this truck is a freaking beast at towing.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall. This is our 3rd camper lol. We finally have one that has exactly everything we want and need

·
54 Posts
Congrats on the new camper! The setup looks great! We just bought one ourselves and towed from Arkansas to San Antonio this past weekend.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice rig, curious what WD Hitch are you currently using?
I honestly forget the name of it. It's nothing fancy nor expensive. Too many people aut here and spend thousands when this $400 one does the same thing. It's one that uses bars without chains. The max weight rating is 12k

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
195 Posts
Equalizer is the only one I can think of that’s bars not chains. It works more from friction on the bars. And most equalizers still allow you to back up with them on.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Sweet setup.

·
7 Posts
I honestly forget the name of it. It's nothing fancy nor expensive. Too many people aut here and spend thousands when this $400 one does the same thing. It's one that uses bars without chains. The max weight rating is 12k
I hear ya, I pull a 31’ weighs around 7K with the round bar and chain set up with dual friction sway control. Pretty stable set up but unfortunately need to remove the sway control prior to backing up. Which is not that big of deal but may upgrade to something else in the future. I pulled the same camper with my 2010 titan CC and was amazed how the XD was a much more stable ride. It’s a stress free ride.

·
7 Posts
I hear ya, I pull a 31’ weighs around 7K with the round bar and chain set up with dual friction sway control. Pretty stable set up but unfortunately need to remove the sway control prior to backing up. Which is not that big of deal but may upgrade to something else in the future. I pulled the same camper with my 2010 titan CC and was amazed how the XD was a much more stable ride. It’s a stress free ride.
Her is my unit 2019 Alpha Wolfe
AE704BEE-1C5F-4CD7-8BB7-A5693495AF69.jpeg

·
102 Posts
Good looking rig, one little note, I was also sceptical on those expensive sway control WD hitches, Then I drove someone's truck with one and saw the difference, needless to say I bought one, it was one of the best investments I've made, it made the whole towing expierence better. Think what you want - but for me after 600 or so miles a day I am much more relaxed.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good looking rig, one little note, I was also sceptical on those expensive sway control WD hitches, Then I drove someone's truck with one and saw the difference, needless to say I bought one, it was one of the best investments I've made, it made the whole towing expierence better. Think what you want - but for me after 600 or so miles a day I am much more relaxed.
Lol, how can it be anymore stable? The trailer does not move at all even running 70 and huge 18 wheelers blowing past me. Sorry but I'll never spend that

·
615 Posts
Congrats, that's a nice setup.

I use an Eaz-Lift WD hitch with my cargo trailer (GVW 10,000) and didn't even bother connecting the sway control bar. I think it was 200 bucks at Amazon. Works great.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats, that's a nice setup.

I use an Eaz-Lift WD hitch with my cargo trailer (GVW 10,000) and didn't even bother connecting the sway control bar. I think it was 200 bucks at Amazon. Works great.
The truck has built in sway control when its in tow haul. I could careless about running a sway bar for the camper

1 - 18 of 18 Posts