Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Platinum Reserve in Java-metallic on Friday evening. The four things that sold me on this truck:

1. Engine
2. Size of the truck
3. Interior
4. Price

I have to admit that this would not have been my first choice if funds were unlimited. But this truck has surprised me, in terms of features and ability, compared to the competitions. I'm not hauling heavy equipment, so I don't need that much truck. But I wanted to be able to tow a good size trailer, with the longevity of a diesel engine.

I haven't seen another Titan XD driving around in my area, and from the reactions of others, I would say they haven't either. I do catch a lot of people checking the truck out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others have planed for their XD's, and sharing what I end up doing.

-Dustin

·
450 Posts
Welcome to the community! Look forward to seeing your plans!

·
207 Posts

·
658 Posts
I picked up a Platinum Reserve in Java-metallic on Friday evening. The four things that sold me on this truck:

1. Engine
2. Size of the truck
3. Interior
4. Price

I have to admit that this would not have been my first choice if funds were unlimited. But this truck has surprised me, in terms of features and ability, compared to the competitions. I'm not hauling heavy equipment, so I don't need that much truck. But I wanted to be able to tow a good size trailer, with the longevity of a diesel engine.

I haven't seen another Titan XD driving around in my area, and from the reactions of others, I would say they haven't either. I do catch a lot of people checking the truck out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what others have planed for their XD's, and sharing what I end up doing.

-Dustin
Since you mentioned that price was one of the top 4 reasons you bought the truck and if you had unlimited funds you would have bought something else, would you share your purchase price? If you dont want to share exactly what you paid, will you at least share what you think the price difference was between your truck and others that you didnt buy because they were too expensive? I'm curious because I feel as prices come down that the XD will get more serious looks from people because they see it as a good value.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you mentioned that price was one of the top 4 reasons you bought the truck and if you had unlimited funds you would have bought something else, would you share your purchase price? If you dont want to share exactly what you paid, will you at least share what you think the price difference was between your truck and others that you didnt buy because they were too expensive? I'm curious because I feel as prices come down that the XD will get more serious looks from people because they see it as a good value.
Sure. Before taxes and fees it came out to be $49,160. My first choice would be the GMC 2500 Denali HD. I know that its probably only 6-8 K more, but I had a set number that I wanted my payments to be and Nissan met those numbers.

I definitely think that the XD is a good value. I think the hesitation most people would have is that it's a new product from Nissan that is in a catagory by itself, where as the other guys have been doing it for a while, and have distinct categories. And that is why I stated that it wasn't my first choice, but because it met those 4 criteria, I made the choice to purchase.

I'm glad that I bough the XD, it is a great looking truck inside and out, and it will do everything I need it to.

Hope that answered everything

-Dustin

·
658 Posts
Sure. Before taxes and fees it came out to be $49,160. My first choice would be the GMC 2500 Denali HD. I know that its probably only 6-8 K more, but I had a set number that I wanted my payments to be and Nissan met those numbers.

I definitely think that the XD is a good value. I think the hesitation most people would have is that it's a new product from Nissan that is in a catagory by itself, where as the other guys have been doing it for a while, and have distinct categories. And that is why I stated that it wasn't my first choice, but because it met those 4 criteria, I made the choice to purchase.

I'm glad that I bough the XD, it is a great looking truck inside and out, and it will do everything I need it to.

Hope that answered everything

-Dustin
That's a pretty good price on that trim

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I agree, that seems to be a very good price for a PR XD. The PR doesn't have the specs that I personally need/want but if it did, I would certainly consider that truck a good deal at that price.

Thanks for sharing, good luck with your new truck! If deals like yours end up trickling down to everyone else, I wouldn't be surprised to see sales really jump forward.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, that seems to be a very good price for a PR XD. The PR doesn't have the specs that I personally need/want but if it did, I would certainly consider that truck a good deal at that price.

Thanks for sharing, good luck with your new truck! If deals like yours end up trickling down to everyone else, I wouldn't be surprised to see sales really jump forward.
No problem. Glad to hear that it was a good buy. On a side note, my brother in-law is the floor manager at the dealership, and it is the two wheel drive version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts