Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the truck for a little over a week and so far it's been great. I am moving from a 2007 Titan LE 4x4 that I have owned since new, 150,000 miles and the only problem I ever had was spark coils that went bad around 130,000. Based on my experience with the Titan it was natural for me to check out the new ones.

I test drove the Diesel but since I only tow 1-2 times a month the Gas version seemed a better fit for me in the long run. Towing so far with the XD (6500 Lbs) is a big improvement over the 2007 Titan; the gearing really seems to be more stable. The 2007 Titan, while great at towing, always felt like it needed another gear; in certain instances at highway speed it just couldn't decide what gear it wanted to be in. This is based on only one trip towing with the new truck about 50 miles on the highway, but it was very comfortable and the engine did not have to rev very high to get to highway speed 65-70mph.

Time will tell, but so far I am very pleased and the trailer light check with the key fob is awesome.

-Diggin'Deep

Attachments

·
147 Posts
Congrats, I think you are going to like it. I've got the SL diesel with about 6k on it and am very happy. I am impressed with the overall quality of the truck. I am coming from an 2004 Titan SE cc and think the XD is a step or 3 above.

·
348 Posts
I have the same truck, but GunMetallic, love the truck. Huge difference between it and my 04 when it comes to towing. You didn't happen to get that truck in Ocala did you? I looked at one there a couple of weeks ago. Congrats on the purchase.

·
207 Posts
Agree....Congrats and welcome. I've got a Silver gas burner model myself. I have to admit, the yellow always seemed to to much for me personally, but it's slowly growing on me these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts