Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Jerry, and After not being able to get waited on at a chevy, dealer, actually 4 of them, I dropped into a local Nissan Dealer thinking that Nissan had nothing that could pull anything substantial, and happily found out I was wrong, and discovered the Titan XD.
A sales person greeted me, and I found myself to be very impressed by the Titan XD.
So here I am, learning more about it.
never thought I would want a chink of metal so much

·
1,979 Posts
I am Jerry, and After not being able to get waited on at a chevy, dealer, actually 4 of them, I dropped into a local Nissan Dealer thinking that Nissan had nothing that could pull anything substantial, and happily found out I was wrong, and discovered the Titan XD.
A sales person greeted me, and I found myself to be very impressed by the Titan XD.
So here I am, learning more about it.
never thought I would want a chink of metal so much
How many #'s do you consider substantial?
Congrats on the new truck ....

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many #'s do you consider substantial?
Congrats on the new truck ....
Have not bought it yet, working with somebody on buying one though.

Depends on the truck.
I think the colorado/canyon is pretty awesome with the duramax, at 7700 pounds. drove it, liked it, except it has an amazingly cheap interior for a 40k midsize truck.
I want nothing to do with the 6 cylinder gas turbo engines so popular right now.
I suspect repairs are going to get expensive when those turbos start burning up, like in the 90s when they tried it.
I do not think the f150s with ecoboost will hold up pulling 8k around.
The V8 5.0 pull 8-9k, which puts them on their limits, which I doubt is good for longevity.

·
149 Posts
Have not bought it yet, working with somebody on buying one though.

Depends on the truck.
I think the colorado/canyon is pretty awesome with the duramax, at 7700 pounds. drove it, liked it, except it has an amazingly cheap interior for a 40k midsize truck.
I want nothing to do with the 6 cylinder gas turbo engines so popular right now.
I suspect repairs are going to get expensive when those turbos start burning up, like in the 90s when they tried it.
I do not think the f150s with ecoboost will hold up pulling 8k around.
The V8 5.0 pull 8-9k, which puts them on their limits, which I doubt is good for longevity.

I've got an XD and I love it. I pull 5000lbs almost daily and I don't notice the trailer behind it. I also have an RV and it's 7600lbs and it tows like a dream. I hardly feel it either. It's perfect for what I need. A 1/2 tonne wears out to fast and a 3/4 tonne is too much.

·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got an XD and I love it. I pull 5000lbs almost daily and I don't notice the trailer behind it. I also have an RV and it's 7600lbs and it tows like a dream. I hardly feel it either. It's perfect for what I need. A 1/2 tonne wears out to fast and a 3/4 tonne is too much.
Guess we must be the target they were going for.
Thanks for commenting.
It is a big purchase for me.

·
35 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. I really like the ecoboost motors, you hear a couple horror stories, but considering how many thousands of EB trucks are out there, they are pretty dang reliable. However weight is the issue I have, by making them light weight, the truck won't handle the weight as well. People will get up in arms about how heavy the XD is....well when you are towing 10k it helps....Inertia

·
348 Posts
Another issue with the Fords is body repair. Right now, most if not all body shops are replacing body panels for damage that can't be rubbed out. Not too many shops have the training or equipment to deal with the aluminum body. This increases repair costs.

·
224 Posts
Hello Jerry, welcome to the group. I'm exceptionally pleased with my XD. I sold a Ram 2500 to buy the Titan and towing with this feels identical to the Ram, save for the shorter bed length. Granted, my Ram was 17 years old, but the drivetrain was perfect for what I pulled.

Enjoy!
MB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts