Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

New member from Ontario

5K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  AZPRO4X 
#1 ·
hey all

just checking out the forum for some reviews on the titanxd :grin2:

any one own one? are you happy with it or having any issues?

#8 ·
You can wait and that might be a good idea but inquiring in now might reveal pricing in line with what is ideal to you and ideal among what others have come across.

Still thinking about it, waiting to see what owners have to say in their long term reviews since that gives a real sense for how the truck is, compared to some reviewer that had it for a few days or a week.

#10 ·
You can wait and that might be a good idea but inquiring in now might reveal pricing in line with what is ideal to you and ideal among what others have come across.

Still thinking about it, waiting to see what owners have to say in their long term reviews since that gives a real sense for how the truck is, compared to some reviewer that had it for a few days or a week.
Indeed.

I agree with you. I'm in no rush for an upgrade anyways. Hoping to see more reviews to decide.

#7 ·
The ride is great.

Yeah some of the city dealers really don't know trucks. Especially if you have a truck to trade in. They don't know the market at all. I bought in January and with our trucks being shipped to the U.S. we are getting good dollars for our trade-in. But with that said the difference from the dollar to January to now, my tradein would have been worth almost $5000 less if I did the deal today.

#13 ·
The only good about the ford was the 2.7 and it was a sporty truck to drive. You won't get sporty out of the xd.
People will argue with me but I saw first hand. There is too much expansion and contraction in that new alum body in our climate for my liking. Yes other brands have used all alum for years but not as thick as the ford.
Every thing rattling was too much for me especially the colder it got. I'm glad I didn't own a black one as well lol.
So no I didn't have a good experience.
My 2012 titan was the best truck quality wise i had owned to date.
The xd is proving to be better on fuel then the ford 2.7 I had so I'm very happy with my xd. No rattles and no issues so far.
Some guys are starting to get better pricing on the xd now, I got a great price on mine in January.

#14 ·
That's the sort of response I was surprised to see of it and my first experience with that was from TFL truck. They are a reputable source for information and actually know what they're talking about, unlike many publications out there. Even towing with that 2.7 was a concern but it proved to do well, exceeding expectations of many.

But we shouldn't be all too surprised, after all they are Ford :D

#15 · (Edited)
The 2.7 is hands down one of the most powerful engines I have drove in a modern 1/2 ton. That coming from a former late model hemi owner and the 5.6 titan. I have also spent considerable time in a newer 5L ford. The 2.7 out tows them all, that's towing roughly an 8000lb travel trailer. But the payload is stupid low with the 2.7. I drove the 3.5 eco as well, but still didn't feel as strong lower end.

#18 ·
The ram rebel is nice but you have to careful with payload on the ram if you are towing. I have owned many ram 1500's and know they need their share of maintenance to keep them on the road.
As I said be careful of the city dealers who don't know trucks. I got a great deal because of my tradein. One city dealer was $20,000 more overall to do the same deal.
I ended up being only a few thousand more then a similar but less equipped ram ecodiesel that had $14,000 off at the time. But like I said if I had of waited until now to do the deal I would of lost almost $5000 because of our improving dollar. I bought the week our dollar got to its lowest.

#19 ·
Ford has taken a lot of material out of their trucks. I'm not sure if its to make them lighter or cheaper to build or both.
To me, it seems that they are turning them into rinky dink mechano machines and expecting top dollar for them

I drove an excursion 7.3l diesel for 16 years and it was ok but the Titan XD is a much nicer machine in my opinion and I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces this summer.

Zurc.

#21 ·
Yeah I heard about that, wasn't too sure if that was true initially, until more and more people were mentioning the same thing.

I wonder why Ford is doing that though, like is it quantity over quality now? then they price it ridiculously for the market/public.

Sweet, I have yet to test drive the titan XD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.