Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a serious look at the upcoming Titan. Was about to drop a little cash on the EchoDiesel, when I accidentally heard about the XD. Quickly decided to put purchasing on hold until I can actually put hands on one of these. (will be) New to the world of diesel powered trucks,( have a 1974 Ford 3000 Diesel tractor if that counts…LOL) but have always had a love of the smell and rattle of an oil burner. Currently own a 2012 F-150 EchoBoost. Can't complain about it at all except MPG has never been as advertised. Time to change and getting to old to not own at least one Diesel Truck. Don't claim to know a lot about diesels but hope to pick up a bit of food for thought here.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Well I hope it holds true with the Titan but I have yet to drive anything with steering better than a Nissan!

·
313 Posts
Welcome to the board!

By all accounts the Titan XD with the Cummins will be much more truck than the EcoDiesel. It will have more payload, more tow capacity, more torque, more HP, but not as good mileage. The EcoDiesel has its place, but not if you're tow/hauling heavy.

The EcoBoost in a F150 with the HD Payload option will be a better competitor, with lots of payload, similar tow capacity to the Titan XD. But like you say, it's a gasser with worse mileage and less torque (but more HP), weak engine braking. HD Payload optioned F150s are also rare and hard to find on the lots.

I'm looking forward to the final numbers on the TitanXD. Especially the price. Diesels come at a premium. I like them, having towed with one in the past, just not sure how much I'm willing to pay for one.

·
608 Posts
I've heard of some issues with the EcoDiesel so I'm hoping that Nissan will do a better job. Plenty of thread on the Ecodiesel forum that are just complaints.

·
857 Posts
I've heard of some issues with the EcoDiesel so I'm hoping that Nissan will do a better job. Plenty of thread on the Ecodiesel forum that are just complaints.
With cummins on board with Titan i'm quite confident that we're going to have a good well rounded truck. but of course we'll have to wait for real world results.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Nine years of validation! I think the 6.7L PSD went through its entire design and validation over a shorter period of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts