Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my first diesel to hit the lot. I've owned to 17 gas Titan's and have decided to trade for a 16 diesel, but after reading some of the threads on here I'm wondering if that was a good choice. I'm seeing lots of problems with stock Diesel's and recommendation to delete or tune, but I have a lifetime warranty and live in the city where a delete isn't possible. What do you guys recommend?

·
286 Posts
Hey, man - welcome to the forum! I'm also running a '16 diesel, with 69,800 or so basically problem-free miles on it, with the only issues being related to bad def and a fuel filter I messed up installing. I say that because you've run into what I think of as Forum Bias, where people with good trucks generally don't post much, while the ones with troublesome vehicles do. That said, is your purchase already final? I'm curious about your usage pattern since you said you live in the city - if you're stock and sitting in traffic a lot as a daily driver, you're gonna regen a TON. If you're using it haul big loads occasionally, the truck'll be a lot happier.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've put 1k down for them to hold it and I'm waiting for days off to go get it, which should be July 2nd. I travel a lot with my job so I had two reasons for buying a diesel one I work for a drilling company so we use lots of diesel fuel which if I use my truck on the job site my fuel is free plus they make my payments on my truck. Reason two I travel a lot so I'm looking into a pull behind or 5th wheel to go from job site to job site because hotels are getting old lol. I went with a Titan because the dealership is offering a lifetime powertrain warranty, but after reading a lot of these post and seeing the issues and the turbo lag I'm questioning if it was a good move powertrain warranty or not.

·
2017 Titan XD SV
3 Posts
I still have less than 30,000 miles on my '17 diesel, but I have had absolutely no issues with it. I've kept up on maintenance as the manual recommends and have loved the truck for daily driving, light loads, and heavy loads. I don't think you've made a bad move at all!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still have less than 30,000 miles on my '17 diesel, but I have had absolutely no issues with it. I've kept up on maintenance as the manual recommends and have loved the truck for daily driving, light loads, and heavy loads. I don't think you've made a bad move at all!
Awesome I'll give it a try. I'm excited to be getting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts