Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2016 Nissan Titan XD SL with the 5.0 Cummings Turbo Diesel. It has a 6" Rough Country lift on it and Toro A/T tires. First, I'm brand new to the offroading world and am extremely excited to be getting into this community.

I'm hoping I can learn a lot here. First up I took the new truck on a bit of an adventure today and learned a few things. I definitely need new shocks and struts. I'm hoping I can figure out what size I need here so I can get a nice ride on and off the road.

Here's a couple of pics from today's adventure.

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Sky Car Wheel Vehicle

CJ

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep an eye on coolant levels if the egr has not been replaced. If you find yourself having to top it off and frequent regeneration you have a leak. Other than that a great truck.
Thank you! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that. Any suggestions on shocks? I'm thinking about Fabtech monotube rears and Bilstein 5100's for the front struts. I need something extra heavy duty as I'd rather be ready next time I go offroading.

·
792 Posts
My truck just has the procomp 2/1 lift but when I had a fully lifted f150 it had the whole fabtec lift with their coil overs and when that truck got slammed into by an Escalade at 70 mph it handled and I brought it to a safe stop. I thought that was impressive for a lifted truck.

·
791 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Wait, what's the factory color of your truck? Haha.. Nice truck, though. I have Bilstein 5100's for both front and rear but I wish I have bought the rear with reservoir even though I don't think I need it. For your offroading purposes, I think it's a good idea it comes with reservoir as it helps in cooling the hydraulic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts