Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone my name is Den. I am 62 and looking forward to this new Cummins powered Titan! I plan on pulling a 6 to 7000 lb car trailer. I am hoping this new Titan gets at least 26 highway. I think they could own the market if they would offer a higher mileage version like the Ram with a equal 8000 lb rating. Just slightly less gearing and a little more first and second tranny gears. There are more people that pull 8000 and under. I bet they could equal or better the Ram 28 mpg and blow it away under actual towing because it will not work nearly as hard. I hope Nissan pays close attention! They could have the highest mileage truck and 1500 class towing champ. How soon could a gearing option take to implement?

·
658 Posts
Hi, everyone my name is Den. I am 62 and looking forward to this new Cummins powered Titan! I plan on pulling a 6 to 7000 lb car trailer. I am hoping this new Titan gets at least 26 highway. I think they could own the market if they would offer a higher mileage version like the Ram with a equal 8000 lb rating. Just slightly less gearing and a little more first and second tranny gears. There are more people that pull 8000 and under. I bet they could equal or better the Ram 28 mpg and blow it away under actual towing because it will not work nearly as hard. I hope Nissan pays close attention! They could have the highest mileage truck and 1500 class towing champ. How soon could a gearing option take to implement?
Hey Den, IMHO, if I get this truck, I will most likely be pulling an 8,000 lbs-ish camper (5th wheel). Not only will the truck i get have to deal with towing the weight, it will aslo have to deal with the areo-drag of pulling something like that down the road and up fairly steep grades. So, as much as I value the fuel economy side of things, I want the "extra power on tap". I think that what I have heard of this truck, markets it to exactly what I want. That is if it equals the 1/2 ton fuel econ and ride but towing of a 3/4 ton (more or less).

·
107 Posts
The 5 liter will tow just fine, iith a great fuel economy loaded and empty. Once you go Diesel you'll never go back gas! By the way, diesel's been cheaper than gas for 2 months here!!

·
608 Posts
The 5 liter will tow just fine, iith a great fuel economy loaded and empty. Once you go Diesel you'll never go back gas! By the way, diesel's been cheaper than gas for 2 months here!!
Gas is usually more expensive on the west coast so that doesn't surprise me too much.

I do think that diesel will continue to slowly gain more momentum in North America.

·
857 Posts
Gas is usually more expensive on the west coast so that doesn't surprise me too much.

I do think that diesel will continue to slowly gain more momentum in North America.
It will and hopefully by time its too high we'll have EV's and Hybrid powertrains that can fill in and an infastruture to support all

·
857 Posts
Den, welcome to the forum. I'm sure we will have modification options for gearing and everything else in due time.
That we will.
Too bad things can't be happening much sooner.

Even when it comes to the current state of the Titan, we're at a dead period. Titan site has remained the same since Nissan launched it.

·
608 Posts
Hurry up and wait. This is what I feel about many different things in life. My mom always said patience is a virtue though.

·
3 Posts
Or tired of no news at all, and pull the trigger on a new 2016 F250 King Ranch. They are on the lots, and ready to go! $49,999 I purchase the Titan, if it's much higher I can get the King Ranch 250 out of Texas in the high 50's. Grapevine Ford, Dallas....just one example

·
857 Posts
Or tired of no news at all, and pull the trigger on a new 2016 F250 King Ranch. They are on the lots, and ready to go! $49,999 I purchase the Titan, if it's much higher I can get the King Ranch 250 out of Texas in the high 50's. Grapevine Ford, Dallas....just one example
Waiting is indeed tough and not even worth it at times. Going with Ford your really can't go wrong, they are Ford after all lol.

Even RAM is what I have up for consideration.

·
608 Posts
Well the aluminium F-150 got "marginal" in some of its crash tests which isn't very good, and with a big truck you expect to be getting top safety marks all around.

·
857 Posts
either way you're still quite safe in a truck, i wouldn't be too concerned about it, this is ford after all.
plus there's a big shift in the industry to use aluminum throughout more areas in the construction of vehicles, only a matter of time till they improve it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts