Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
450 Posts

·
492 Posts
Here a autonews report on the warranty

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160815/RETAIL03/160819915/nissan-to-dangle-5-year-100000-mile-warranty-on-2017-titan-lineup

I have to admit I am a little upset that Nissan is not willing to retro activate this for 2016 models. It is almost like a middle finger to the early adopters. Nothing about the truck has changed, but yet Nissan choses to burn the loyalist.
I'll bet 6Scorpian7 had something to do with it.:devil:
Actually, I see this as a way for Nissan to attract sales to their truck/suv lineup...early adopters are S.O.L

Sad for you:crying2: Nissan is now a troll on the XD Lover's forum. Hopefully, they will see the error in their ways, and change your warranty. I wouldn't hold my breath though. #%$&*£€!!!

·
450 Posts
It is nice to have loyalty reciprocated. That is how good relationships are sustained. In my opinion that should be the goal of any business model is sustained relationships - not new relationships. But I am biased in this opinion.

·
492 Posts
It is nice to have loyalty reciprocated. That is how good relationships are sustained. In my opinion that should be the goal of any business model is sustained relationships - not new relationships. But I am biased in this opinion.
We all want respect and loyalty, but oftentimes they get the gold mine while we get the shaft.
Don't get angry, just get even. Sell your loyalty on ebay, let me know how much you get for it...
That is exactly what it is worth in the real world.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading further into it, no firm mention about diesel warranty. As it stated cummins offered the warranty.

·
1,979 Posts
Very few original owners even keep their vehicles long enough to see the factory warranty expire. Keep in mind there will be a lot of hidden exclusions just like Kia & Hyundai warranties.

·
903 Posts
The USA today said ALL titan and titan xd. Gas as well as diesel will have the warranty. Would be nice if they would reciprocate the 2016. I can get a refund for the remainder of my 100k extended warranty I bought seaparate for the truck...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since they didnt sell too many xd's. The possibilities of it happening might be more feasible.

·
507 Posts
Well there is certainly a big negotiating advantage to the buyer...
I will be lowering my purchase offer on a 2016 red SV accordingly.

·
450 Posts
I envy your position right now. I would beat the dealer over the head with this stick on a 2016 model :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ball is definitely in your court. The left over 2016's on the lot will be a tougher sell. I'm sure the dealers will be putting pressure on nissan.

·
77 Posts
Very few original owners even keep their vehicles long enough to see the factory warranty expire. Keep in mind there will be a lot of hidden exclusions just like Kia & Hyundai warranties.

On average people keep a new vehicle about 6 years, but for trucks it is longer closer to 8 years.

·
258 Posts
Have had my 99.5 Powerstroke going on 17 years. That went through some hideous issues with the transmission, including the reman that was installed in 2003. Now that I have those issues straightened out it will likely keep my Pro4x company for a few more years. The Ford also had inexpensive materials issues early on that were labor intensive to repair but was able to do those myself. Then there were a few other pricey but DIY issues @ 100k miles.

No real issues with the Pro4x yet after 3000 miles, but am keeping a close eye on this board. Will help be proactive on a few things that could come up. This will likely be my last one.

Reactions: Kadoi and AZPRO4X

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Current owners. From the response I got doesn't look like the door is shut on our 2016's. I would bug your dealer and even nissan. I'm pretty sure we will see results. Sounds like the 16's on lots will get a further incentive to cover the extra warranty.

·
450 Posts
Just emailed Nissan -

Nissan just announced 5 year 100k mile bumper to bumper for all 2017 Titans. What is Nissan planning to do for the early adopters of the Titan XD? Or the remaining 2016's on dealer lots? I am a repeat Titan buyer and this feels like a big knife in the back. I have been a loyal Nissan customer and would appreciate having that Loyalty reciprocated.

I'll let you know what I hear.

I also contacted my dealer and he said that they were actually discussing this at this mornings sales meeting and he would keep me posted on any news.

·
39 Posts
Well, after starting with Nissan chat I was given a phone number then passed around three times until I was handed over to Nissan Affairs. I think if this warranty thing bothers you like it does me, call this number and complain.

1-800-647-7261 and press option #7 .

I basically told them that I have been a loyal owner of Nissans for the past 20 years and I didn't feel this was right. I said that I kind of felt cheated in a way.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts