Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically I'm not an owner yet. I pick up my new Pro4X this evening at 5:30 PM...
But here it is 3AM and I can't sleep.... I feel excited, nervous and sick. I'm spending more money on this truck than I spent on my first home. After 5 years and two kids in that house I made money when I sold it..... Bet if I sold the XD in 5 years I won't make money on it....

This will be my first brand new truck EVER. I bought all my other trucks used and have had all major brands. I never had a bad truck, but I have had some that were better than others....

At my age, I must be nuts to spend this kind of money on a new truck. But, at least I know it will last me until either I can't drive anymore or I'm dead.\

So, in 14.5 hours I will buy the last truck I will ever need. Funny how things go around... The first car I ever drove was a 1971 Datsun 1200 and the last vehicle i will buy is a 2016 Nissan Titan.

Yup, I'm nervous, can't sleep but mostly....EXCITED!!!!

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear you still like it...

I've been following the development of this truck for 2 years now and I know it's the right truck for me, but....a lot of money!

Looking forward to driving it home tonight, I really am. Going to be tough to say goodbye to my Tundra, it has never let me down...

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the truck!

My wife and i picked up the new Pro4X on Friday night a 5:30 PM. Now it is Saturday night at 10:00 PM and we just got back from a long ride showing it off to out friends.
On the highway with cruise control on....24.7 mpg at 64 mph.

Over the course of 250 miles, we averaged 19.9 mpg.

I love this truck! Found out one thing, we are going to need running boards of some kind.... This is a high truck!

Can anyone tell me how you would start the truck if the key fob battery died and you did not have access to the spare fob or ability to put a new battery in the fob??? Is there a hidden key hole to start the truck????

·
909 Posts
The procedure for starting your truck with a discharged Intelligent key battery is on page 5-13 of your owners manual. There will be a warning message in your display when the battery is getting low giving you plenty of notice to change the battery.

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What if the fob gets damaged?

I understand watching the battery life, I was more concerned with a sudden issue with the fob. Like if it stops working.... Then, I get the key out of the fob and I can into the truck. But then how can I start the truck? Maybe I'm nuts, but can't the fob actually just not work suddenly when you are 500 miles from the spare fob???

·
909 Posts
Yes it could, but so could the starter motor, fuel pump, ECM or any number of other things that would cause the truck to not start. Time to call a tow truck if that happens.

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I guess they key won't help much...

I was just hoping there was some place to use the key in an emergency to get back to a Nissan dealer or to the house to get the spare fob.

Hopefully, it will never be an issue....

Thanks everyone for your input!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Many many brands have the push button start. Just the new nature of the game. It's never been a common issue. I added nissan remote start to mine. So I now have 4 fobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts