Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of 2017 Titan XD Platinum reserve - Purchased 2 weeks ago, she only has 35,000 miles on her and is in very good condition. Replaced the original stock tires with Michelin Defender LTX and have upgraded all interior lighting to LED as well as fog lights. I do have the pull to the right issue, had the alignment checked at my local shop who I trust, and it is spot on - is this something i will just need to learn to live with or maybe have Nissan facility align?

I am coming from a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE that I drove for 9 years and put 170,000 miles on was a good truck but started to rot in our wonderful Ohio winters, started leaking oil and hub bearings were going. With that said the Titan is a completely different beast!

Hoping this Titan will last me a few years any pointers would be appreciated

Attachments

320 Posts
Go to another alignment shop for a second opinion. I'm not insulting your regular guy, but honest mistakes happen to everyone. If that doesn't fix it, double check tire pressures with a handheld guage, to rule out a bad TPMS readout. Low pressure can make a truck pull to one side. Finally, pulling to one side could be also be caused by faulty brake components, like a warped rotor or stuck caliper, which can cause excessive friction to that one assembly. Inspect your brake system. If that still doesn't work, maybe you have a bad wheel bearing
Hopefully it just needs an alignemt. These are great trucks.

1,374 Posts
Find a shop that does hand alignments. I don’t care how expensive the machine is, there is still room for error.

I get an old school Bear brand hand alignment once a year to make sure my expensive tires wear evenly. You can let go of the wheel going 80 with 35s and it tracks straight as an arrow.

1,148 Posts
When I hear someone say that they had an alignment and it is spot on I want to cringe. Modern alignment machines are basically built so anyone can set an alignment to manufacturers specs. Basically they have a green and go set up. If the readings are within specs the reading turns green and it should be good to go. A lot of modern vehicles only provide for a toe adjustment. If your truck is "spot on" these readings and you have a pull related to your alignment then the person doing the alignment needs to adjust your camber and caster to compensate for the pull.

2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,295 Posts
Find a shop that does hand alignments. I don’t care how expensive the machine is, there is still room for error.

I get an old school Bear brand hand alignment once a year to make sure my expensive tires wear evenly. You can let go of the wheel going 80 with 35s and it tracks straight as an arrow.
I think the laser machines make them lazy too. As long as they get the numbers in the green zones that's good enough. No thought put into if two numbers are on opposite sides of the green zones.

320 Posts

What tools are required for a hand alignment? I've done alignments, but would like to, since I do my own maintenamce and repairs. Alignments are the one reason I'll take my cars to a shop.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for responses much apprecaited . I am wondering of truck is following crown of the road with 20-inch tires? when on freeway right lane slight pulls to the right, center lane straight no pull, left lane slight pull to left. What i am finding though is one lane roads seem worse on the pulling to the right.

And further gripe no Nissan connect due to ATT for 5-year-old truck that is just plain wrong - some features on that I would use. With said still love this truck.

Anyone put a flowmaster muffler on and thoughts - really like that sound.

2 Posts
New owner of 2017 Titan XD Platinum reserve - Purchased 2 weeks ago, she only has 35,000 miles on her and is in very good condition. Replaced the original stock tires with Michelin Defender LTX and have upgraded all interior lighting to LED as well as fog lights. I do have the pull to the right issue, had the alignment checked at my local shop who I trust, and it is spot on - is this something i will just need to learn to live with or maybe have Nissan facility align?

I am coming from a 2011 GMC Sierra SLE that I drove for 9 years and put 170,000 miles on was a good truck but started to rot in our wonderful Ohio winters, started leaking oil and hub bearings were going. With that said the Titan is a completely different beast!

Hoping this Titan will last me a few years any pointers would be appreciated
Have you, or are you planning to do any towing? If so, can you report on your impressions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts