Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 16 platinum reserve diesel. I've been creeping on this forum a month and have learned a lot. My wife drives the truck, and long story short.... We were truck searching for about 3 months and my wife is ultra picky on the "look" of trucks, and we almost settled on a hemi 2500 ram :sick:. But then I found a used Titan with 36k fleet owned truck and she fell in love with it.
Anyway we are from PA, and I've been wrenching my whole life, but relatively new to the diesel world. I'll be looking into making a few parts disappear from the truck and could use some guidance.
But in the mean time, one concern I had was payload. I've seen huge differences in payload and charts for the 16-19 diesel trucks. Just wondering if they changed ratings after their break out year, ours seems [email protected] 1400lb. And even more low after I exceeded the door tag by a good amount. Anyone have a newer diesel PR that can show their payload ratings?

·
140 Posts
I’m also in PA. Bloomsburg area. If you’re making “certain” parts disappear I’d highly recommend getting ahold of XD hunter on here. I took my truck to him but if you’re doing it yourself he’s knowledgeable and could point you in the right direction. Regarding payload they’re ridiculously low numbers. I installed a set of timbrens and tow what I did with my Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 without problems. Just nicer towing with the diesel. Enjoy you’re new truck! Side note, headed out for a game the 30th. Excited, it’s been a while! WE ARE!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Congrats. I have a 16 PR and LOVE the vehicle. Very little issues after the initial shakedown. I agree that the specs are underrated. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new vehicle.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Cwel11, I'm in Southwest pa on the West Virginia border. I've worked a good bit up in the Williamsport/Bloomsburg area. Have fun at the game, I'm glad to see Pennstate was able to turn their program back around after the Sandusky fiasco.
I'll keep XD Hunter in mind, IAM just waiting for wife to understand and realize just how rediculous the emissions are on these trucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts