Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new review from off-road.com that just came out this week. Reps are projecting the base to be around $40k and the pro4x right around $50k. I think this is right where Nissan wants to be. I expect $5k-10k discounts come next October (right when I'll be buying) and this puts me in the exact price range I want to be for the pro4x.

http://www.off-road.com/diesel/review/nissan-titan-xd-wait-almost-over-54317.html

·
608 Posts
The price sounds quite reasonable. Are you sure you will get such discounts next year though? I mean maybe, but I don't think you can really say for sure. Totally depends on demand among other things.

·
340 Posts
The price sounds quite reasonable. Are you sure you will get such discounts next year though? I mean maybe, but I don't think you can really say for sure. Totally depends on demand among other things.
At this time next year they'll be trying to blow all the MY2016's off the lot to make room for the '17s.

It's a fairly safe bet that you'll get a good chunk off last years model. They were practically giving F-150s away last year...

·
857 Posts
I hope this holds true since it's just what they need to enter the market and be competitive and we all know how flooded this market is with very strong products.

The key thing is getting people into the volume model which the basemodel is, as long as they do that, the rest will follow.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
It's only a matter of time now since they've already come out with the MPG figures.
I think the MPH numbers are off... Mid next month we should see the pricing released.

Reactions: pyro404

·
857 Posts
Along with price we should get a look at a configurator, since it would fall into what I think is right timing, even if that configurator is minimal and not a full build.

·
31 Posts
I too long for pricing and details. MPG reported, if accurate, is a little disappointing and a little unexpected. I'm driving a Tundra with dismal fuel economy so that's an experience I don't want to repeat. I'm looking forward to getting to test drive the XD. From what I've seen to date, it's my preferred replacement provided pricing is right. If not I'll probably head toward Ford although my prior experience there hasn't been great thus the current Tundra. What's frustrating is Nissan dragging out details. If the price is too high than I'll go the Ford direction but will likely miss out on some of the current discounts.

·
16 Posts
I too long for pricing and details. MPG reported, if accurate, is a little disappointing and a little unexpected. I'm driving a Tundra with dismal fuel economy so that's an experience I don't want to repeat. I'm looking forward to getting to test drive the XD. From what I've seen to date, it's my preferred replacement provided pricing is right. If not I'll probably head toward Ford although my prior experience there hasn't been great thus the current Tundra. What's frustrating is Nissan dragging out details. If the price is too high than I'll go the Ford direction but will likely miss out on some of the current discounts.
Hey All,

The MPG's being put out on the net are not MPG's from Nissan, but independent companies. If you go look at the independent numbers of the Fords, Chevy and RAMs, none of them get what they post. Don't be fooled just yet.

We need to question how they have production trucks to test prior to the full release and sell to the public, but it's possible. Also, folks need to realize that this is not going to be a regular 1/2 ton, it's going to weigh at least 6200-6500 lbs, not 5100 like the current Titan. Nissan has always said ~20% better than current model with the Cummins, so that's about 21.6 mpg compared to the 18 mpg of the current Titan, and that's 2WD. Also, this truck falls into the heavy weight group, so Nissan does not have to even post the MPG's for this truck, with or without the diesel. Let's wait for the real numbers.

Friend has 4 wheel drive Chevy 2500 with Duramax diesel, 18 on the hwy at best, 14 while towing as a reference.

Also, my Bro is a diesel mechanic for the last 15 years, he told me that the 4 chains in the Cummins Diesel will be a wear part and probably need replacing at ~ 100K miles, as a service item, not warranty, it won't be cheap. He believes that the Cummins is a good engine, but will require a lot of service work. Look for the details when buying a diesel engine.

Very interested in the 5.6 gas XD model specs as well.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Also, my Bro is a diesel mechanic for the last 15 years, he told me that the 4 chains in the Cummins Diesel will be a wear part and probably need replacing at ~ 100K miles, as a service item, not warranty, it won't be cheap. He believes that the Cummins is a good engine, but will require a lot of service work. Look for the details when buying a diesel engine.
The timing chains on the ISV are designed to last the lifetime of the engine. The only possible wear item that I can see is the chain guides and even that is doubtful as Nissan figured out the ideal chain guide material by 1994. Looking at the design of the timing chains it's clear that at the very least, Cummins looked at how Nissan does their timing chains. The chain layout is very similar to that of the Nissan VH45. My VH45 has 260,000km on the original chains and chain guides and sees 6900rpm every time I pass some fool. The ISV uses the same valvetrain arrangement, fully rollerized for reduced friction and has a redline 2700rpm less than the VH45. Those chains will last the lifetime of the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts