Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

Proud owner of a Pro-4x Cayenne Red, fully loaded with luxury pkg w/titan boxes, electric tailgate lock, wheel locks, and mud flaps. Dealer tossed in oil changes and tire rotations, 1year no question paint warrantee, and 2.74% interest for 6years. Truck was $53ish so just over $5,000 off MSRP. Experience was excellent at my dealer (mind you this was VPP pricing with active military discount). Have 54miles after a bit of driving with a stupid grin on my face with my wife. Hitting almost 19mpg average after the first regeneration @55mph, still creeping up;) Very happy!

Big Red

PS. Pics to follow, was dark out:)

·
348 Posts
Good choice on the Pro4X, I love mine. Mine is a gasser, just at 500 miles, all in town driving with average trip just about 6 miles, averaging just over 12 MPG. I have noticed that my individual trip MPG is increasing, starting to get into the 13.5 to 15 range now, should start to see increase in overall average. Even if it stays where it is, I'm still as good as my 04 Titan, but a lot more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My thoughts. After driving about 316 miles on the first tank....my impressions are pretty good. I found everything put together pretty well, actually took off the steering column cover 3 days in to fix a small corner on the crumb catcher between the dash and the top of the steering column. I re-positioned and tucked the corner of the leather piece into the top cover and replaced the 3 screws. I know it's trivial, but I'm a nerd for attention to detail. Overall the fit and finish is pretty good...on the inside. Outside its a bit of a let down, the paint is probably the worst I've seen, orange peel is pretty bad, especially on the corners of the upper tailgate, and really bad around the back of the cab under the rear window and top of the forward wall of the bed. Not happy to the point that I'm gonna get it clear coated under warrantee because I have no desire to compound a brand new truck. It's pretty embarrassing to see vehicles such as Kia's and Jeeps, Chevys with almost a glass finish and Nissan can't seem to lay paint to save their life. I know there are growing pains, but dang:/ More to come on the exterior.

Driveability, it has improved greatly over just a few hundred miles, still though, the transmission is still trying to find its sweet spot, flares on occasion, and tends to get confused by the torque curve of the engine skipping gears as such. The brakes are phenomenal, the climate control is excellent, seats are amazing, mileage for such a big truck is great as well. I average about 22mpg @50mph going to a from work about 17miles. Ride is excellent along with steering input, feels like a tank (in a good way). My friends are blown away by the appearance of the truck, it looks good! Have plenty of complements and I'm the only one to have this truck on the installation. Insurance only went up $138/month (USAA), and the Nissan Gold+ 6y/100,000 warrantee with $0 deductible was about $3,004.00. Kinda high I thought, but diesel repairs are pretty expensive and it's within a few hundred of comparable gassers.

So in short, everything is great sans the lackluster paint. Just really threw me for a loop that it left the factory QC with such issues. When vehicles that cost half as much are better in that regard, it's mildly irritating:dry:

Pics Finally...

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

BigRed

·
2 Posts
Hi, just purchased a platinum Black on black, two days after saw a blacked out pro 4X with monochromatic paint... what a great color scheme, every thing black but the nissan emblems. I have a question on the pro 4X, do they come standard leveled.
The one i saw was, not sure if the dealer added or what? but it sour changed the stance of the truck.

Attachments

·
904 Posts
Don't think the pro4x is leveled stock. Probably a dealer installed item when they put those wheels on there. Looks just like my truck minus the nice wheels and leveling kit. Congrats on ur PR and welcome to the party!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats!!! These trucks seem to be pretty level from stock and it's ridiculous to say I may leave this one stock...lol.

BigRed

·
1,979 Posts
You won't find a truck that comes leveled from the factory. They leave a rake for towing purposes.

·
2 Posts
leveled or unleveled....

in my humbled opinion... i think they are close to leveled from the factory...or the dealer??? will confirm when the truth is revealed.
second thought or statement rather, it is good to be in on the ground floor... of a new brand. I am a still current owner of a '07 last Gen 5.9 which in its own right, for the time, is a great truck, Still! But new stuff is coming and i like to be on the cutting edge... don't really need the 3/4 ton capacity... most times and the comfort level from the lifted 07 to the new age Titan is night and day.... and no DEATH WABLE.... yet... But I am not done "Fixin'"
Appreciate sharing the experience... especially with out the other forum's know it all's (which they don't)
Power on...
D.

·
88 Posts
Let us know how it goes with the warranty clear coat. I was actually planning on getting mine clear coated so that I could wet sand it back down to get rid of the bad orange peel, and just like yours, mine is really bad on the back corners. I run my own detailing business so I'll be wet sanding and compounding it myself. But just for a heads up, compounding won't get the orange peel out and most likely wouldn't even improve it much for how bad it is and would be a waste of a lot of time. Wet sanding is the best way, but you don't want to do that on a factory sprayed clear coat because it's so thin. So just in case you don't get it done under warranty, don't go attacking the clear too hard, and another spray of clear would be the best (probably only) option to get rid of the orange peel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts