Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am an owner of a new Titan XD Pro4X and I could not be happier! I have been in a demo since Friday waiting on mine to come in and I just heard it will be ready this afternoon. I can't wait to pick it up.

Additionally, all my trucks have been gasoline so this is my very first diesel motor. Are there any pointers and guidelines that you folks familiar with diesels would like to share with me for ownership, driving, maintenance, etc.? Anything in particular with this specific truck? I'm not familiar with 'regen' and could use some input on that too. My usage style is below..

My usage style....: I will be using it as a daily driver to and from work and for hauling lumber on the weekends for my woodworking hobbies. Towing will not be all that frequent and will usually just be my Super Tenere motorcycle in the bed. Rarely will be a trailer. Every now and then it will also be out on the trails in Big Bend too.

Thanks in advance.

·
147 Posts
There should be a Diesel Supplement with your owners manual that you will want to read... Congrats on the truck. I got a diesel and am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Not sure your commute. But modern diesels especially, aren't the best for short stop start trips. They need to get up to temp and stretch there legs. If not they will regen much more often and not the best for longevity on emissions system.

·
42 Posts
Not sure your commute. But modern diesels especially, aren't the best for short stop start trips. They need to get up to temp and stretch there legs. If not they will regen much more often and not the best for longevity on emissions system.
Remember to change the Fuel filters as regular maintenance. That will keep your engine happy also

·
1,979 Posts
Basically what they ^ are trying to say is based on what your uses are you would of been way better off buying a Gasser. Not the end of the world but you are definitely going to have to figure out ways to really work the motor on a regular basis.
The Diesel supplement in your glove box will have pretty much everything you will need to follow as far as maintenance goes.
Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts